joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 15-16 Discussion

griteater

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Persimmon seeds! Have about the same accuracy! The flaw in analogs is they are suppose to be a guide, they are horribly incorrect most times because there are so many variables and no two events are ever exactly the same. That's why the models can hardly get a 3-5 day forecast right, much less looking at the past to predict the future.

I prefer Wooly Worms.

I prefer Wooly Worms.

Recently, down here, amazingly long spider web runs have been indicative of something beyond traveling spiders :)   The two winters I had the 100 foot spans it got super cold.....so if I see a wooly worm, backpacking persimmon seeds across a 50 foot span of spider silk, I'm getting the  sled ready, and the long johns out.  T

Weatherbell just released it's updated winter outlook this evening.  For the record, I posted mine first yesterday.  I say that because it looks pretty close to mine but with a few additional analog years.

Here was the temperature anomaly from the analog blend I used:

HuRIbOKm1W.png

WEATHERBELL NEW TEMP FORECAST
aPJm2aE.png

NEW SNOWFALL FORECAST
puMUWyS.png

Our method of an independent consensus ranked 1957-58 first, 2014-15second, 1997-98 third, 2002-03 fourth and 1972-73 fifth. Also factored in were 1919-20, 1982-83, 1991-92, 1994-95 and 2009-10.

nq2LFro.png

The analog blend calls for a very warm DEC, colder in SE JAN, Frigid FEB.

Archived