joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 15-16 Discussion

griteater

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like they can't even predict an El Niño !

Their statements or predictions in that article, basically goes against everything we think of with Ninos! Looks like they need new subscribers too!

I would prefer one big storm instead of getting trace to inch amounts all winter. Give me 10-12" and the rest of winter can torch for all I care. :mapsnow: Well, I'd also like to have a nice ice storm (no sleet) too. It's been 10 years since we have had a good one. Just please no more sleet!

Torch??? No!

I would like a snowfall of at least 12" and many other storms to track, with an extended warm period never on the table. We wait all year for winter. One storm is not worth it IMO. Lots of cold and winter events and threats and at least one big storm is the ONLY way to go. :):snowman::snowing:

Torch??? No!

I would like a snowfall of at least 12" and many other storms to track, with an extended warm period never on the table. We wait all year for winter. One storm is not worth it IMO. Lots of cold and winter events and threats and at least one big storm is the ONLY way to go. :):snowman::snowing:

Well, now your just being greedy.  B)   In that case I want at least 2 12"+ storms and multiple 4-6" storms plus an epic 1"+ of freezing rain.  If I get any sleet at all then winter will be ruined.

Well, now your just being greedy.  B)   In that case I want at least 2 12"+ storms and multiple 4-6" storms plus an epic 1"+ of freezing rain.  If I get any sleet at all then winter will be ruined.

I'd like a repeat of Feb 1987. That storms was all sleet here. Ice is pretty but I don't like losing power for 2-3 days.

Torch??? No!

That is what I would love, too. Lots of stuff to track, three or four snow storms with 3 or 4 inches of snow, and then a big storm over 6 inches.

I'll have to agree that pay site mets will tend to push colder/snower winters. It's really all about money. (as a comparison) Just look at this place when a storm is being tracked; or opposite when there is nothing going on. People "pay" attention when there's talk of cold and snow. I try to listen more to the mets posting on this board (for free) and the NWS mets (in their discussions).

I'll have to agree that pay site mets will tend to push colder/snower winters. It's really all about money. (as a comparison) Just look at this place when a storm is being tracked; or opposite when there is nothing going on. People "pay" attention when there's talk of cold and snow. I try to listen more to the mets posting on this board (for free) and the NWS mets (in their discussions).

The Old Farmers Almanac, is going super cold for the East and South! I guess they need to sell copies! They said the only thing they really missed last year , was the historic snowfall for Boston! Lol, yeah, they had the SE at -4/-5 below avg from November -March, each month, not cumulative , lol lol lol

The Old Farmers Almanac, is going super cold for the East and South! I guess they need to sell copies! They said the only thing they really missed last year , was the historic snowfall for Boston! Lol, yeah, they had the SE at -4/-5 below avg from November -March, each month, not cumulative , lol lol lol

Is it on sale yet?

Is it on sale yet?

Not the official "The Old Farmers Almanac" , it's usually on sale at stores the 1st week of September or so. Someone posted a news release from last week from them , and it just had a few tidbits of what was coming this winter and how they thought they did last winter! It was on here or the other board!

Not the official "The Old Farmers Almanac" , it's usually on sale at stores the 1st week of September or so. Someone posted a news release from last week from them , and it just had a few tidbits of what was coming this winter and how they thought they did last winter! It was on here or the other board!

Ok thanks man. I read that story, but I haven seen the map yet, which I guess would have been posted if the thing was on sale already.

Archived