• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18 Years Ago Today....Rain Drops Transitioned to Cat Paws...

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMBY, that is the most anomalous single event that I have ever seen.

10/11' was lame here, though still anomalous.

The dusting I had in May 2002 is up there, too.

March '93 warrants honarable mention, too. Never, ever seen driftingg here even on that playing field.

Obviously the most anomalous stretch was that three weeks last season.

For me, May 1977 is up there for the weirdness.. Def top 10 just due to how strange it was

this is almost a top 10 for me even though it was less then an inch i think it was may 19th? to see snow that late in the valley is pretty crazy!! i almost could not believe what i was seeing went out to breakfast that day and of course thats what everyone was talking about 

IMBY, that is the most anomalous single event that I have ever seen.

10/11' was lame here, though still anomalous.

The dusting I had in May 2002 is up there, too.

March '93 warrants honarable mention, too. Never, ever seen driftingg here even on that playing field.

Obviously the most anomalous stretch was that three weeks last season.

this is almost a top 10 for me even though it was less then an inch i think it was may 19th? to see snow that late in the valley is pretty crazy!! i almost could not believe what i was seeing went out to breakfast that day and of course thats what everyone was talking about 

It was May 18, 2002.

For me, May 1977 is up there for the weirdness.. Def top 10 just due to how strange it was

My area...nearly at sea level, had 9". That would have been numero uno for me, had I been alive. Just ne of me really cut off, though. Man, 76-78....I was born a few yrs too late. Only reason in the world to wish I was 40 :lol:

My wife always mentions that May 18th date as its her birthday and she has always told me it snowed on that day. (she was in SVT at the time).

What were the totals? anything other than a dusting/coating outside of high elevations?

There were some 2" amounts in the high terrain...even as much as 3-4" in Monads/N ORH coutny and N Berks. I had about an inch or so in ORH...maybe 1.5".

I think further W in ALB they had like 2" to the valley floor.

Was unbelievable storm. My wife and just moved into our apartment in Boston the day before after moving back up here from DC a few weeks earlier. Woke up the next day to witness utter amazement. Two historic snowstorms within 15 months in 2 separate cities (DC Jan 96 and then Boston April 97).

This April storm was one of my favorites.

My wife always mentions that May 18th date as its her birthday and she has always told me it snowed on that day. (she was in SVT at the time).

What were the totals? anything other than a dusting/coating outside of high elevations?

Your wife is 12?

There's epicosity ...then there must be a transcended rank.   1997 was epic, as were so many others of lore.  But the transcended ones ... they don't have "screw zones".

Every storm has screw zones unless its just a solid 6-state wall of steady 30+ dbz.  There's no way any storm, even biblical, could evenly distribute accumulation across the land, lol.

There were some 2" amounts in the high terrain...even as much as 3-4" in Monads/N ORH coutny and N Berks. I had about an inch or so in ORH...maybe 1.5".

I think further W in ALB they had like 2" to the valley floor.

There were some 6" amounts in the Catskills to the SW of ALB in that May 2002 event.  We had 2.5" even right on the Hudson Valley floor at 200ft.  I think ALB was officially 2.2" though.

Your wife is 12?

Is it not normal to have a 12 year old wife?

May 18th is her birthday. I don't think I ever said May 18th 2002 is her date of birth.

Storm really sucked in southwest CT. I thought my 4" was good until I found out there was 26" in Boston, where TWC said it was raining at 11pm.  There really hasn't been any storm like it since, every other spring bowling ball has been a dud.  

As promised earlier...the Kocin map that used to be online years ago...more accurate than the other maps

So it does look like I may have been in a 30"+ zone in West Roxbury at the time.

WTF is that guy doing in that Fenway photo?  Just snow blowing a random path around the edge of the field for the hell of it?  What in gods name was the point of that?

So it does look like I may have been in a 30"+ zone in West Roxbury at the time.

WTF is that guy doing in that Fenway photo? Just snow blowing a random path around the edge of the field for the hell of it? What in gods name was the point of that?

I was nearby in Hyde Park and we no doubt had at least 30". We had at least 6 when Logan finally flipped over. I was able to find some youtube clips of newscasts with the weather, and there were some sick bands near BOS overnight. While the snow taped off N and W of the city, it really pounded during the morning of 4/1.

I was nearby in Hyde Park and we no doubt had at least 30". We had at least 6 when Logan finally flipped over. I was able to find some youtube clips of newscasts with the weather, and there were some sick bands near BOS overnight. While the snow taped off N and W of the city, it really pounded during the morning of 4/1.

I def. didn't have over 30".....between about 27" and 30". 

I def. didn't have over 30".....between about 27" and 30".

I mean I never had an official measurement because of no yard stick, but some those pics I've posted before show that well. I was also 200' ASL which made a difference. I'm sure if we had this again MQE would report 45".

Archived