Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just hit 3.25" mark and it is still raining...

I usually double check my gauge against the USGS automated one located a quarter mile from my own gauge, especially when other locations had much more than I recorded. I am still spot on with them after 3 years with my station. I recorded 0.89" from last nights event which is almost exactly what the USGS gauge recorded.

Thinking I will regret this post.

I don't know what you guys got up there in Scranton, but we really didn't need the flood watch here. Still, better safe than sorry I suppose.

For those living along and east of the I-81 corridor, tomorrow could be a decent day for thunderstorms.  There is a sub-1000 mb low moving into the St. Lawrence River Valley which will drag its attendant cold front across the Mid Atlantic / Northeast US.  Decent low level instability and mid levels dynamics should combine to yield scattered, but locally intense, convection south of the PA/NY line.  Again, not everyone will see storms, but the setup combined with the terrain enhancement will yield a few long track discrete cells or multicell clusters.

I'm a bit confused. Is the enhanced risk for central/SE PA from the line thats hitting upstate PA (doesnt really make sense) or potential cells firing off later today?

The line in PA right now are from the MCS that went through the Midwest yesterday. If it stays north, areas south, that are in the Enhanced risk, should do well severe wise later. If that line continues further south, and lingers, the cloud debris will muck up the atmosphere making severe chance a lot harder. 

As the cold front approaches, another more robust line should form. So the current line is not associated with the Enhanced risk from SPC. 

Southern PA looks like it has a shot at some severe today. The main threat will be damaging winds. Storms forming along the boundary should be linear in nature, but a few discrete Supercells ahead of the main line aren't out of the question. Could be fun. I'm in Ocean City, so I'll be living vicariously by reports up north. Good luck!!

Archived