Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call Eskimo, storms not really intensifying in fact some are falling apart after firing. Only big player looks like Juniata/Perry county storm.

I'm the kind of pessimism.  Sauss will know what I mean when I am King Whitecloud.  

Today's big ridge crawlers are being aided by topography...by the time congeals into a QLCS it'll be well after peak heating.  south of Mason-Dixon is going to be a total bust.  Probably won't even see enough damage to verify the existing WWs.

Voyager I think your storm shield is about to break in a big way....two nice supercells forming just to your west.

I've been watching and I see that. The lead (warned) storm seems to be weakening a bit, but it also looks like it's becoming part of a more solid line. I'm not sure what that portends to downstream, but you can bet I'm on alert right now.

I've been watching and I see that. The lead (warned) storm seems to be weakening a bit, but it also looks like it's becoming part of a more solid line. I'm not sure what that portends to downstream, but you can bet I'm on alert right now.

The transition from discrete cells to an organized multi-cell cluster / QLCS is ongoing.  At least you guys up north have storms...we just have partly cloudy and 84 here in DC.

Mid level lapse rates and CAPE are pathetic.  Really hard to get severe weather when the temp is only in the low 80s.

It's in the upper 80s here in this swath of PA, and I've seen many o' tornadoes when it's in the low 80s. You get more severe storms in Texas in the low 80s than in the 90s, aka the spring and late fall t-storm season.

It's looking like it may be turning into a "training" event, and we might possibly have more problems with flooding than wind. Time will tell...

PWAT's over 1.75" up to 2" will make for some insane tropical downpours. Any training echoes can easily cause flash flooding. Stay safe out there!

There was something going on southeast of the Camp Hill/New Cumberland area, very high velocities up around 6400 ft (lightest yellow pixel at 109 knots) on the 2112z scan. 2106z had 80-90knots a bit southwest of there. Could be some wind damage in that area if any of that got tapped, which is quite possible with the high D-CAPEs down in the Lower Sus Valley.

post-1507-0-01433200-1433798799_thumb.pn

Meh. Looks like it's starting to weaken. It's not warned here, so...

maybe not warned attm. but I would be more than a bit reassured if I hears something from out near Falls, Nicholson, Sweet Valley, Dallas, Harvey's Lake, Benton, and other areas west of the Susquehanna and Lackawanna Rivers. whatever is there is heading to Wilkes Barre/Scranton/Carbondale/Pittston/Nanticoke/Shickshinny very shortly.

Voyager I think your storm shield is about to break in a big way....two nice supercells forming just to your west.

And both fizzled into just a heavy rainstorm. Hardly any lightning, just a few rumbles of thunder, and nothing but a modest breeze.

Archived