Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look very nice today...probably reaching only the low 50s for a high with rain here. This lovely weather is courtesy of a plume of Atlantic moisture being transported into the right entrance region of the jet streak over central NY.

You can actually see the melting layer at ranges relatively close to the KCCX radar in the 0.5 deg scan (heights not too far above the surface), with reduced correlation coefficient and enhanced reflectivity/differential reflectivity.

Doesn't look very nice today...probably reaching only the low 50s for a high with rain here. This lovely weather is courtesy of a plume of Atlantic moisture being transported into the right entrance region of the jet streak over central NY.

You can actually see the melting layer at ranges relatively close to the KCCX radar in the 0.5 deg scan (heights not too far above the surface), with reduced correlation coefficient and enhanced reflectivity/differential reflectivity.

Yeah. Today is not such a beautiful day unlike yesterday, but the region could still use the rain. Right now the precip is scattered in nature, but it's also light which is perfect to saturate the ground and reduce runoff. The rest of he weekend looks nice fortunately, so just have to get through today.

Yeah. Today is not such a beautiful day unlike yesterday, but the region could still use the rain. Right now the precip is scattered in nature, but it's also light which is perfect to saturate the ground and reduce runoff. The rest of he weekend looks nice fortunately, so just have to get through today.

Vile today. Doesn't even look like it's going to produce significant rains, either. At least it appears we are going to cook next week. I cannot wait...muahaha.

Looking sharp in red bud.

Haha. Thanks. Lot of hard work goes into getting this tag. Glad I can see it pay off.

As for the weather, looks to be shaping up to be a nice weekend for the holiday. High pressure to build in through the early weekend clearing out the dreaded low deck we've been having today keeping our temperatures much below normal. At the end of the weekend, we get a return to southerly flow around the periphery of an ejecting high to the SE. That'll pump in more warm and humid air as we settle under a ridge. Storms within the late period are possible in the pulse variety until the next front swings through. Lack of low/mid level shear will dampen any chance to get severe variety until a frontal passage, but wouldn't be surprised if a few cells create some havoc.

Haha. Thanks. Lot of hard work goes into getting this tag. Glad I can see it pay off.

As for the weather, looks to be shaping up to be a nice weekend for the holiday. High pressure to build in through the early weekend clearing out the dreaded low deck we've been having today keeping our temperatures much below normal. At the end of the weekend, we get a return to southerly flow around the periphery of an ejecting high to the SE. That'll pump in more warm and humid air as we settle under a ridge. Storms within the late period are possible in the pulse variety until the next front swings through. Lack of low/mid level shear will dampen any chance to get severe variety until a frontal passage, but wouldn't be surprised if a few cells create some havoc.

Congrats on the red tag!

It does look like central PA is in for another period of above average temperatures next week.

Vile today. Doesn't even look like it's going to produce significant rains, either. At least it appears we are going to cook next week. I cannot wait...muahaha.

Me neither. The past couple days were not fun for a warmanista such as myself. In fact, yesterday while I was sitting in my truck (in Hazleton) taking a breal between load assignments, mixed in with the rain was some sleet pellets bouncing off the hood.

And Millville, congrats on going red!!!

Me neither. The past couple days were not fun for a warmanista such as myself. In fact, yesterday while I was sitting in my truck (in Hazleton) taking a breal between load assignments, mixed in with the rain was some sleet pellets bouncing off the hood.

And Millville, congrats on going red!!!

Thanks Voyager! And sorry for the sleet. I mean, I like it cool but sleet in May is flat out ridiculous. The heat is coming. Don't anyone worry about that haha

Archived