EF0...WIND SPEEDS 65 TO 85 MPH.

EF1...WIND SPEEDS 86 TO 110 MPH.

EF2...WIND SPEEDS 111 TO 135 MPH.

EF3...WIND SPEEDS 136 TO 165 MPH.

EF4...WIND SPEEDS 166 TO 200 MPH.

EF5...WIND SPEEDS GREATER THAN 200 MPH.

$

JUNG/HAGNER/DROSS

Very cool May day. Had a few peeks of sun in the morning, but clouded up pretty quick and has been that way the rest of the day. Weekend looks much better with average to slightly above average temps starting tomorrow. Next week looks quiet and warm. One week till I graduate and officially become a meteorologist. I can't wait!!

Very cool May day. Had a few peeks of sun in the morning, but clouded up pretty quick and has been that way the rest of the day. Weekend looks much better with average to slightly above average temps starting tomorrow. Next week looks quiet and warm. One week till I graduate and officially become a meteorologist. I can't wait!!

Congrats!

Looks like a nice period of above-average temperatures upcoming.

That's great.   Another red tagger to add to the forum

That's awesome, congrats!

Any job prospects lined up yet (if not, don't let that stress you out!)?

Thanks Canderson. All the hard work is finally paying off. And yes, I actually do have a job prospect lined up. I sent in my resume and application last week, and the guy just contacted me yesterday saying that he wants an interview sometime after I graduate. I'm really excited. I won't say what the job is exactly, but it looks like I could be doing some contracted forecasting for the government.  :)

Congrats!

Looks like a nice period of above-average temperatures upcoming.

Thanks Heavy. As a red tagger yourself, you know as well as I do, and probably even more so that this major is rough with all the different classes, math, work load, etc. To say I made it through one of the most stressful majors out there in the field of earth science will be a huge highlight of my life. Last night, we had our annual AMS chapter banquet and then all the seniors got together and had a get together/party. Lets just say there was a lot of emotion for all of us. It's a bitter sweet end, because our class was so much like a family. It's the largest undergrad class ever at Millersville Meteorology department (32 grads). I'm going to miss almost everyone, but that's life.

As far as the weather, I'm liking the next 7 days. Pretty warm and will finally feel like spring for a stretch longer than 3 days. I'm pretty stoked. Now we just need some storms and we'll be in business.  ;)

That's great.   Another red tagger to add to the forum

Thanks Cashtown!! I'm going to ask one of the admins right after I graduate to switch me over. I might be moving to MD if I get the job I mentioned above, but I will no doubt still be a big part of this forum. I love this sub forum. Everyone gets along and we have a great discussion and knowledge base in here. Mid Atlantic thread is pretty crowded as well.

Congratulations on your met degree, it's an amazing accomplishment!

Congrats! I'll be graduating in a few weeks too... then off to UC Irvine to begin my PhD. I'll be sad to leave the Northeast, but looking forward to some warm weather after another brutal winter here in upstate New York haha.

Congratulations on your met degree, it's an amazing accomplishment!

Thanks a lot Joe. Been a long journey. Just got done 5 assignments today that got pushed on us this past week and finals are coming up (Thankfully I only have 2 exams on Tuesday and I'm done). This is basically all she wrote this coming week. I don't want to leave all the friends I have up here, but I'm sure as heck can't wait to graduate and finish school. I'm beyond burned out.

Congrats! I'll be graduating in a few weeks too... then off to UC Irvine to begin my PhD. I'll be sad to leave the Northeast, but looking forward to some warm weather after another brutal winter here in upstate New York haha.

Thanks and congrats to you as well. That's incredible that you'll be going for your doctorate. Kudos to you for going the distance. I can't go any further at this point. My brain is completely fried. Enjoy the warm Cali weather, although some rain would be nice out there.

congratulations 

Archived