Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd peg an isolated tornado threat from central to northeastern Pennsylvania today. Near to just north of I-80. Nicely backed winds at IPT-SEG right now. HRRR also blows up some more robust cells there later this afternoon.

Even though our rains have been very intermittent, we are really fortunate compared to our neighbors in eastern Pennsylvania. My station is clocking in with almost 4.00" for the month of May in comparison to parts of Berks and Chester with less than 1"

Indeed. They are really in a drought status.

Even though our rains have been very intermittent, we are really fortunate compared to our neighbors in eastern Pennsylvania. My station is clocking in with almost 4.00" for the month of May in comparison to parts of Berks and Chester with less than 1"

We would be at less than 1.00 for the month as well if we didn't luck out back on Wednesday.

Nice line of storms for many in the sub forum today. I was so busy preparing for tomorrow (today now) that I didn't pay too much attention. Big interview for a forecasting position tomorrow in Germantown, MD. I had to make a aviation forecast for 2 stations; McAllen, Tx and Key West. Spent all day putting together a professional PowerPoint. I hope it goes well tomorrow. Wish me luck and enjoy the much needed rain y'all.

York County is shaping up to be the hotspot today.  There is a noteworthy low level boundary noted on the SPC mesoanalysis page, combine with some meager shear and helicity.  Low level lapse rates are just about 7c/km, and ML CAPE just broke 1000 j/kg.  Supercell composite is about a 1 for the whole county.

I like cool weather as much as the next guy, but this might be too cool for June. 63 at Millersville with wall to wall stratus. Looks like easterly flow will continue next few days as well.

Sunny and 71° here now...just far enough north to catch a nice afternoon. It was still ugly when I left Mount Union 2 hours ago.

Looks like easterly flow will continue next few days as well.

It would figure. I have the entire week off (drug test, physical, and all that other stuff) as I transition from one fleet to another at the company I haul for. So during my little mini "vacation" I'll probably have the worst weather of the whole summer...

It would figure. I have the entire week off (drug test, physical, and all that other stuff) as I transition from one fleet to another at the company I haul for. So during my little mini "vacation" I'll probably have the worst weather of the whole summer...

Yeah. Mother Nature really knows how to pick em huh? Good luck with everything. The good news is the weather pattern will switch up back to warm and more summer like. I'm wondering if what a few people are saying about the LR is going to be correct with a trough in the plains and ridge in the east setup late in the month as the ridge over the Pacific retrograde and moves the troughing toward the country's mid section. That leaves room for that Bermuda high in the east. That would spell hot for July. We'll see. It's still early.

Archived