• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

Thanks Sauss. I just finished my last final ever 20 minutes ago. One 10 minute presentation tomorrow stands in the way of me being completely done. The down side is I'm getting sick, so there's that. Might be a brutal commencement for me.

well that sux about being sick, i highly suggest multiple shots of Jim Beam or maybe even Fireball :).....i sincerly wish you well on your journey..... 

I'm heading down Friday to load my kid up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Canderson. All the hard work is finally paying off. And yes, I actually do have a job prospect lined up. I sent in my resume and application last week, and the guy just contacted me yesterday saying that he wants an interview sometime after I graduate. I'm really excited. I won't say what the job is exactly, but it looks like I could be doing some contracted forecasting for the government.  :)

Thanks Heavy. As a red tagger yourself, you know as well as I do, and probably even more so that this major is rough with all the different classes, math, work load, etc. To say I made it through one of the most stressful majors out there in the field of earth science will be a huge highlight of my life. Last night, we had our annual AMS chapter banquet and then all the seniors got together and had a get together/party. Lets just say there was a lot of emotion for all of us. It's a bitter sweet end, because our class was so much like a family. It's the largest undergrad class ever at Millersville Meteorology department (32 grads). I'm going to miss almost everyone, but that's life.

As far as the weather, I'm liking the next 7 days. Pretty warm and will finally feel like spring for a stretch longer than 3 days. I'm pretty stoked. Now we just need some storms and we'll be in business.  ;)

Thanks Cashtown!! I'm going to ask one of the admins right after I graduate to switch me over. I might be moving to MD if I get the job I mentioned above, but I will no doubt still be a big part of this forum. I love this sub forum. Everyone gets along and we have a great discussion and knowledge base in here. Mid Atlantic thread is pretty crowded as well.

Congratulations on graduating and especially with the job prospect. Definitely agree with the amount of difficulty there can be to achieve the degree. And I am unfortunately still well aware of how hard it is to get a job in the field, so I wish you the best of luck with your job interview.  I started my first two years of college as a civil engineering major with meteorology as my second choice (really wish i would've started as metro right off the bat) and after having some initial troubles with calculus didn't make the College of Engineering's much more stringent class requirements to officially enter in the program and core classes. Best part about that was with meteorology I ended up taking more calculus/advanced math than I would have had with the civil engineering haha. As difficult as it was for me, I'm glad I stuck it out and finished. 

Very cool May day. Had a few peeks of sun in the morning, but clouded up pretty quick and has been that way the rest of the day. Weekend looks much better with average to slightly above average temps starting tomorrow. Next week looks quiet and warm. One week till I graduate and officially become a meteorologist. I can't wait!!

Late to the party but congrats man! We still need to go chasing this summer if I can get some more time off of work!

well that sux about being sick, i highly suggest multiple shots of Jim Beam or maybe even Fireball :).....i sincerly wish you well on your journey..... 

I'm heading down Friday to load my kid up.

Thanks Sauss. I went to health services today, so I have some drugs to try to help me get through it. Hope your daughter does well for Finals week!!

Congratulations on graduating and especially with the job prospect. Definitely agree with the amount of difficulty there can be to achieve the degree. And I am unfortunately still well aware of how hard it is to get a job in the field, so I wish you the best of luck with your job interview.  I started my first two years of college as a civil engineering major with meteorology as my second choice (really wish i would've started as metro right off the bat) and after having some initial troubles with calculus didn't make the College of Engineering's much more stringent class requirements to officially enter in the program and core classes. Best part about that was with meteorology I ended up taking more calculus/advanced math than I would have had with the civil engineering haha. As difficult as it was for me, I'm glad I stuck it out and finished. 

Thanks Mag. Yeah, the course curriculum for a Met major is pretty hardcore. I don't know how the College of Engineering denied you and then you still managed to get a Met degree. Oh engineers :rolleyes: 

Glad you stuck it out and finished with the degree. I can't wait to get my degree in my hand. On the other hand, I can wait for the 90 degree temperatures forecasted for commencement this weekend :axe:  

Late to the party but congrats man! We still need to go chasing this summer if I can get some more time off of work!

Thanks Rich. And yes, most definitely. I'm able to go mid-late May into mid June with no issue. We should schedule a trip soon. 

Flirting with the big 9-0 here...

You did it up there! As of the 5:00pm observations...

EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS

SCRANTON       PTSUNNY   90  52  27 MISG      30.05F

Awesome weather today!

It's amazing how quickly the area experienced leaf-out; Mt. Nittany was mostly bare last weekend and now it's getting fairly green.

Noticing it here too. There's one wooded area not far from my house that has basically followed that path.

And yes, as Voyager noted, our first 90 of 2015 is in the bank. We also have a tie for the date's record high.

Archived