Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again everyone for all the congratulations on my degree. It really hit me today that's it's all over. I can't wait to start a real job in the field. I love the challenge and it's doing something I love.

Now for the weather, heads up out there in the hills in West Central PA. Nice line of storms holding on. That cell just east of Altoona has some good lightning and some reports of down power in a few counties. The mid level shear is just good enough to poke out a few severe cells. The air mass downstream is plenty unstable with dews in the mid-upper 60's. Pretty good for May and the region could use the rain.

Got a ton of rain in Millersville yesterday from those cells that blew up over eastern York and Lancaster counties. Rain gauge had 1.90" of rain in 70 minutes. This area needed it badly, so I'm glad it happened.

Conditions are pretty horrendous right now. 72/68. You can feel the humidity slap you in the face when you walk outside.

I'm already tired of summer and it's not even summer yet. This humidity is for the birds. 81/71

I love this weather more and more every year.  After the disaster that was last summer, this May has been awesome.  81/70° at UNV now. 84° down in Bellefonte and maybe even more humid.  Had a brief shower earlier, but I'm hoping for something later to water the garden. I think we've had about 0.60" since May 1st here.

I love this weather more and more every year. After the disaster that was last summer, this May has been awesome. 81/70° at UNV now. 84° down in Bellefonte and maybe even more humid. Had a brief shower earlier, but I'm hoping for something later to water the garden. I think we've had about 0.60" since May 1st here.

I'm not a big fan of the heat or humidity unless I'm at the beach or it's definitely going to storm later on. I do admit we could use some more rain. This past Saturday delivered for parts of Lancaster county. I just hate sweating bullets when I step outside.

I love this weather more and more every year.  After the disaster that was last summer, this May has been awesome.  81/70° at UNV now. 84° down in Bellefonte and maybe even more humid.  Had a brief shower earlier, but I'm hoping for something later to water the garden. I think we've had about 0.60" since May 1st here.

I enjoy heat and humidity as well; hopefully we have a good stretch of 90+F days this summer.

I'm not a big fan of the heat or humidity unless I'm at the beach or it's definitely going to storm later on. I do admit we could use some more rain. This past Saturday delivered for parts of Lancaster county. I just hate sweating bullets when I step outside.

That's kind of how I feel during winter; I don't like the cold unless it is associated with significant amounts of snow.

Now you know how I feel during that other season...

I can see how you hate winter being a truck driver. Snow and cold is brutal for that occupation. The thing I like about winter is that I can add on layers if necessary when it's cold. I can only take off so much in the summer time before its deemed unacceptable lol. The next few days we can both agree will be immaculate. Beautiful memorial day weekend shaping up.

Archived