Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best cloud images I've ever taken. This is pre storm in York. Gusty winds associated with the outflow boundary. Temp tumbled quickly.

This was one I took when I went to the car.

image.jpg

It must've taken all the energy with it, nada behind it and it's clearing up actually.

Been a while since this was an RER:

SXUS71 KBGM 090824
RERAVP

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BINGHAMTON NY
0418 AM EDT TUE JUN 09 2015

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT AVOCA PA...

A RECORD RAINFALL OF 1.85 INCH(ES) WAS SET AT AVOCA PA YESTERDAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 0.91 SET IN 1903.

AVP already has more rain this month (2.31" as of 5pm today) than all of May (1.72") - heck, yesterday beat May all by itself.

Time: 2015-06-08 19:40 UTC

Event: 0 TORNADO

Source: nws storm survey

Remark: An EF-0 tornado was confirmed south of Gowen City...with multiple trees down just north of Mahanoy Vreek on the east side of Route 125. the estimated max wind speed was 80 mph...and the path length was approximately 100 yards.

My tomatoes are loving this weather.  Last year was almost a complete bust due to the persistent cool, wet weather for the garden.  There were several times that we dipped down in the upper 40s in late July and early August.  I hope the forecasts are wrong for this summer and we stay hazy, hot and humid.

Call me out of the loop, but I didn't even know there was a line of storms moving across the state. In my defense though, I got home from a run to Waterbury, CT at 5:30 and immediately jumped in the shower so I could be ready to go out for our Friday night pizza. I hadn't looked at radar since 2:00pm when I was still up in Connecticut.

Will it make it to I-81???

Archived