Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Co-Op summary with rainfall totals from yesterday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=CTP&product=HYD

Locally we ended up with the heavy amounts that were forecasted. The city of Altoona itself, which is closer to the Allegheny Front and about 20 miles NW of the airport (KAOO), ended up with over an inch more of rain according to the obs. 

Blair County
Altoona 12am 2.89 65 56 56 M M
Altoona Airport 7am 1.73 62 56 60 M M
Tyrone 7am 2.20 M M M M M
Williamsburg 715am 1.87 63 58 59 M M

Gusty winds were also a thing around here yesterday afternoon in some spots, and there were some issues with the wet ground and some trees going on power lines. Almost acted like a dying tropical storm with the bands of heavy showers and gusty winds we had during the afternoon hours. 

Gusty winds were also a thing around here yesterday afternoon in some spots, and there were some issues with the wet ground and some trees going on power lines. Almost acted like a dying tropical storm with the bands of heavy showers and gusty winds we had during the afternoon hours.

Other than the chilly temps, it did here as well. The winds were higher than I expected. We actually had close to 5,000 without power here.

It rained for a few minutes around 8 this morning but nothing since. I'm sure that'll change here this afternoon as these storms pop.

Tornado warning for portions of Lancaster County, moving into Berks, now. 

its amazing the difference from here to there, about a mile the way the bird flies? thiright now is about the 4th time we have had heavy rain today

Got some good rain here. 2.07" in the last 45 minutes and we're probably not done yet.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDFLASH FLOOD WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA358 PM EDT TUE JUN 30 2015THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS ISSUED A* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...  EASTERN SCHUYLKILL COUNTY IN CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...* UNTIL 700 PM EDT* AT 355 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SLOW MOVING LINE OF  THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN OVER SOUTHERN AND EASTERN  SCHUYLKILL COUNTY. UP TO TWO INCHES OF RAIN HAS ALREADY FALLEN.  FLASH FLOODING IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SHORTLY.* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...  POTTSVILLE...SCHUYLKILL HAVEN...ST. CLAIR...TAMAQUA...COALDALE...  DELANO...FRIEDENSBURG...GRIER CITY-PARK CREST...HOMETOWN...LOCUST  LAKE STATE PARK...MARLIN...MCKEANSBURG...MCADOO...NEW  PHILADELPHIA...ORWIGSBURG...PINE GROVE...PORT CARBON...  RENNINGERS...SELTZER AND SNYDERS.ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF UP TO TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE INSOUTHERN AND EASTERN SCHUYLKILL COUNTY SINCE THE STORMS ARE NOTMOVING MUCH AND ARE REPEATEDLY MOVING ACROSS THE SAME AREAS.

It's not fair!  A great thunderstorm about 5 miles south of me is likely going to miss me.  Normally I couldn't care about that, but I'm literally at 9.95" for the month after receiving 0.08" of rain earlier in the day.  'Cmon, all I need is a measly 0.05" to hit the coveted 10.00" mark!!  I've got 64 minutes left to get it... :underthewx:

What a month this has been.  Glad to see others around here are at 10" for June.

Archived