Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome weather today! We got up to 68F at the Walker station.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the easterly flow/backdoor cold front regime Wednesday and Thursday.

Had 72° at home in Bellefonte yesterday...felt great.  Gonna be ugly tomorrow and Thursday, but at least it's only a couple of days.  I imagine New England is going to have a painful spring this year.

Went from beautiful to ugly in a matter of 90 minutes earlier thanks to that back door front. Next 48 hours look pretty ugly, but Friday looks nice and a chance of thunderstorms for the LSV and SePA regions. SPC seems to be honing in on this region in particular for high winds possible in thunderstorm activity. If the sun can come out for a few hours, we should soar well into the 70's as 925 temps look to settle in the 16-18C range at minimum. I'll gladly take it

Ahhhh. Welcome to a typical EPA day in April. After a nice warm stretch, we get a back door front that makes it feel raw as anything outside. Our high at Millersville today is 43 degrees. We haven't budged north of that all day. Tomorrow will be more of the same. Friday looks interesting in terms of the timing of the front and exactly how much sun can break out. The Southerly flow will no doubt cause he temps to spike into the upper 60's, but how much sun can we get remains in question. That also will make or break any severe chances. The more sun, the greater the chance for the boundary to destabilize. Further south into MD and the Delmarva looks ripe for some cells to develop pre frontal with maybe even some linear segments just out ahead of the frontal boundary. Will be an interesting period to monitor.

Other than nice temps tomorrow we looking at any decent chances for storm threat tomorrow?

Already had one. Rolled through here at 4:00am. Had the dog freaked out, and me awake much earlier than I wanted to be since it's my day off. Had a couple of good cracks and enough heavy rain to turn our street into a small river for a few minutes

Archived