Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mar 10 - Easter Weekend model/threat discussion thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next Friday and Saturday snowstorm (all snow) with a kick-in-the-groin clipper right after it

lol 4 most a kick in the groin but for most In here and kicked it's a kick through the uprights. Bring on an HECS then end it all with seventies for the rest of spring

Seriously. This is the wrong place to be hanging if you dislike cold and snow. You're out numbered 1000:1. Embrace, deal with it, might as well it's the northeast it gets cold and snows here every year, guaranteed.

:)

I mean, it is April, and we do live in the mid-latitudes. A change of pace is long overdue, and I understand the anticipation of warmer weather. That said, complaining about it daily won't do much to speed things along.

Start some tomato seeds. Go sample sunscreens. Mix up a frozen drink. Listen to some Jimmy Buffett. I might even go so far as to suggest avoiding discussion threads that seem largely concerned with the prospect of additional inclement weather. Just try to be mature about it.

I mean, it is April, and we do live in the mid-latitudes. A change of pace is long overdue, and I understand the anticipation of warmer weather. That said, complaining about it daily won't do much to speed things along.

Start some tomato seeds. Go sample sunscreens. Mix up a frozen drink. Listen to some Jimmy Buffett. I might even go so far as to suggest avoiding discussion threads that seem largely concerned with the prospect of additional inclement weather. Just try to be mature about it.

? My calendar says mar 21st. Not sure where you live and its April already

:lol:

Seriously. This is the wrong place to be hanging if you dislike cold and snow. You're out numbered 1000:1. Embrace, deal with it, might as well it's the northeast it gets cold and snows here every year, guaranteed.

:)

Problem is that this isn't a winter weather forum, it's a weather forum and out of those 1000:1

About 985 of them will be gone soon and not heard from again until October/november lol

As much as I want to say we are done snow wise, I just can't. The pattern depicted for this time of year is very unusual and one that would favor frozen if we manage to get a storm in play.

I have this strange feeling we are going to get walloped by a huge storm that breaks March snow records and ends up being the biggest storm of the season/s.

We haven't had big coastals all year but this time of year and changing wavelengths are in our favor. March has delivered some big time storms and we are due for another huge March storm.

It looks like Thursday will be the only day this week with above normal temperatures and

the best chance we have so far this month for NYC to reach 60 degrees.

NEW YORK CITY-CENTRAL PARK KNYC   GFSX MOS GUIDANCE   3/22/2015  0000 UTC                        FHR  24| 36  48| 60  72| 84  96|108 120|132 144|156 168|180 192       SUN  22| MON 23| TUE 24| WED 25| THU 26| FRI 27| SAT 28| SUN 29 CLIMO X/N  38| 22  35| 23  39| 32  48| 44  63| 40  47| 30  41| 28  45 36 54

It looks like Thursday will be the only day this week with above normal temperatures and

the best chance we have so far this month for NYC to reach 60 degrees.

NEW YORK CITY-CENTRAL PARK KNYC   GFSX MOS GUIDANCE   3/22/2015  0000 UTC                        FHR  24| 36  48| 60  72| 84  96|108 120|132 144|156 168|180 192       SUN  22| MON 23| TUE 24| WED 25| THU 26| FRI 27| SAT 28| SUN 29 CLIMO X/N  38| 22  35| 23  39| 32  48| 44  63| 40  47| 30  41| 28  45 36 54

Stubborn pattern .  I think once we get past this , the trough will hopefully pull back . gfs-ens_T2ma5d_us_2.png

Stubborn pattern .  I think once we get past this , the trough will hopefully pull back .

Yeah, the long range guidance is hinting that the trough pulls north during the second week of April.

But they still don't have a strong above normal  signal yet as temps rebound to slightly below to near normal.

Nov - Dec - Jan - Feb - Mar . This winter certainly had some duration to it .

That's for sure.

Thursday's 60 will feel nice

The strong SSW flow will favor areas from NYC west for the mildest temps since the SST's are still so cold.

Archived