Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mar 10 - Easter Weekend model/threat discussion thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SLP does tick S  ( the analysis should not stop there ) .The precip shield expands N and W as LP is a little stronger and SLP in E Canada is further N 

I could care less if the low pressure system tracked over Bermuda, as long as the precip shield shifted NW or expanded NW that's the more important feature IMO.

Everyone needs to calm down, this is getting crazy! No need to be lashing out at each other's posts. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. Yes we will always disagree about a storm being north south east or west but no need to bash each other lol. This isn't high school!

Haha, that's a classic VA March. 80s one week, snow the next. Probably 80s the following week.

I forget the storm on the MA  where a ft of snow fell really late in the season .

IMO  the GFS is prob overdone and too far N at day 7 .

Haha, that's a classic VA March. 80s one week, snow the next. Probably 80s the following week.

You hit the nail on the head. March can be awesome for its insane weather variations if you're into that sort of thing.

Even on a smaller scale it feels very April like today but will feel more like February tomorrow with perhaps some snow Friday.

With all due respect WP

as a person with over 700 posts on here 

you should be able to clearly understand the maps I posted--CLEARLY 

but then again I don't try and spoon feed anyone ....

Possible

Flurries to Very Light Rain....how thats  :pimp:

http://weather.cod.edu/forecast/

attachicon.gifgfsNE_prec_precacc_138.gif

.3 total precip for the Metro

thru 8:00pm Sunday night

GFS 06Z run

No insult to you was intended DM, but despite my 700 posts, most of which consist of trivial drivel ( I admit it, I own it ) I am fairly ignorant of the physics and science. Yes, I can read some maps, the obvious ones where blue is snow and there is a corresponding QPF, but any that have actual graphs or other kinds of squiggly lines are a mystery to me, and as you say, you don't spoonfeed ( with me ya gotta spoonfeed a little, brother ) so often I have to rely on someone's interpretation of your graphics. Remember my interest in weather is as a socio-cultural phenomenon, the hard science metrics are somewhat interesting but not enough for me to spend time trying to learn much about them. I have you folks for that. And I have learned a great deal, but not enough to really hang with the big boys ( and girls ).

Guest Pamela

No problem. Just to clarify the tidewater is far SE Virginia, Norfolk and Virginia beach as well a the Chesapeake Bay Area. An a HEC would be major accumulations.

It's totally possible just insanely improbable

Strangely enough, we are two weeks or so away from the 100 year anniversary of the Great Snowstorm over the Delmarva of April 3, 1915...eerie symmetry. Long Island and eastern New Jersey also saw at least 10 inches. 21 inches @ Clayton NJ....19 inches @ Philadelphia.

Strangely enough, we are two weeks or so away from the 100 year anniversary of the Great Snowstorm over the Delmarva of April 3, 1915...eerie symmetry. Long Island and eastern New Jersey also saw at least 10 inches. 21 inches @ Clayton NJ....19 inches @ Philadelphia.

While that's incredible in my opinion it happened in a different climate. Also I am talking about an area another 100-150 miles south of southern jersey and the Delmarva. I would love to see it and I would honor the drink thing if this once in hundreds of years event occurs

Guest Pamela

While that's incredible in my opinion it happened in a different climate. Also I am talking about an area another 100-150 miles south of southern jersey and the Delmarva. I would love to see it and I would honor the drink thing if this once in hundreds of years event occurs

These April snow events not terribly common down at sea level...but over the high spots in Jersey and Upstate...and New England...April snows are pretty frequent. 

Guest Pamela

These April snow events not terribly common down at sea level...but over the high spots in Jersey and Upstate...and New England...April snows are pretty frequent. 

Norfolk,  Connecticut still averages about 8 inches of snow in April for example...and in the 1955-56 winter....which saw 177 inches overall and 73 inches in March...they finished up in grand fashion with about 27 inches in April 1956. 

Strangely enough, we are two weeks or so away from the 100 year anniversary of the Great Snowstorm over the Delmarva of April 3, 1915...eerie symmetry. Long Island and eastern New Jersey also saw at least 10 inches. 21 inches @ Clayton NJ....19 inches @ Philadelphia.

Don't you think urbanization that has taken place in century since would hv negative impact on such potential accumilation especially near urban centers

Norfolk, Connecticut still averages about 8 inches of snow in April for example...and in the 1955-56 winter....which saw 177 inches overall and 73 inches in March...they finished up in grand fashion with about 27 inches in April 1956.

Norfolk is a beautiful town. My latitude here has helped me some over the years but my elevation at 155 near the CT river often has me on the outside looking in.

Guest Pamela

Don't you think urbanization that has taken place in century since would hv negative impact on such potential accumilation especially near urban centers

Yes I do.

Guest Pamela

Norfolk is a beautiful town. My latitude here has helped me some over the years but my elevation at 155 near the CT river often has me on the outside looking in.

I love the Litchfield Hills and the Berkshires...just a wonderful region. 

Archived