joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really strange flake variation throughout this event.Small/medium/large...presently very small/fine but coming down at a good clip....looks like it's raining.

21.9F

Rush hour from hell coming up in a bit....

Moderate snow again here, after a bit of a lull.  23.1 degrees with a light E wind (unless my anemometer is frozen in place again).   Has to be over 6" by this time.

Not sure about that rush hour.....road conditions yes, but volume was light going in and a lot of places had early dismissals and volume was light when I was out and about between 12 and 1, and a lot of telecommuters today as well.   So, I would not expect tons of volume, but for those with simply front-wheel drive, yes, it will be rough from a traction perspective.   Rear-wheel drive vehicles should left to rot on the side of the road after they become disabled, unable to climb that hill or whatever!

Rear-wheel drive vehicles should left to rot on the side of the road after they become disabled, unable to climb that hill or whatever!

LOL, so true.  Glad I have an all-wheel drive vehicle.

Moderate snow continues in Spring Mount, PA (since the lull ended nearly 30 minutes ago) with a temp now at 20 degrees even.  Will take an updated measurement at 3 PM.

Not sure about that rush hour.....road conditions yes, but volume was light going in and a lot of places had early dismissals and volume was light when I was out and about between 12 and 1, and a lot of telecommuters today as well.   So, I would not expect tons of volume, but for those with simply front-wheel drive, yes, it will be rough from a traction perspective.   Rear-wheel drive vehicles should left to rot on the side of the road after they become disabled, unable to climb that hill or whatever!

Same here...volume was very light. I'm just worried about that one other idiot who can't drive/speed in the snow and slam me.

Rear wheel drive = doing donuts which was quite fun in the late 70's/early - mid 80's...good stuff. But they do screw things up nowadays.   

21.5F mod snow

Wow.  Up to 6.5" now.  Hard to find a good flat spot due to some blowing.  Snow has really picked up.  Watched a stronger band push SE right over top of this area.  Moderate snow almost at SN+ again. 

post-1915-0-56227200-1425584635_thumb.gi

Temp has plummeted.  The wet stuff that was initially on the evergreen trees (pines, spruces, etc) + this newer drier stuff, is starting to weigh the branches down big time. Some of the trees are starting to really bend over from the weight.

OBS

SN & fog (almost SN+)

Temp 21.7F

Winds NW light

Really strange flake variation throughout this event.Small/medium/large...presently very small/fine but coming down at a good clip....looks like it's raining.

21.9F

Rush hour from hell coming up in a bit....

That's the flakes from the Pacific firehose as Ralph likes to call it :-).

Archived