Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it looks like we have one more light band of snow out near Harrisburg that may move through.  Man, that temperature down to 21 now.  

Probably do another round of shoveling and a new measurement.  I bet I got now 8 inches worth.  What an awesome day.  

I don't have an impressive mountain like Kamu, but well over 100' worth of snow pile ridge line to be proud of

Nice! Last year the last vestiges of mine disappeared exactly on March 30th or 31st (I was a rainy day I remember). Wonder how long the piles (and snowpack for that matter) will last this year.

Holy cow!  Just surpassed 9".  We had one last death band pass over (also saved an image from just after 5 pm) -

post-1915-0-97851500-1425594738_thumb.gi

Snow has just about stopped and the radar is showing my area out of the precipitation shield.  Probably eeked out another quarter inch more from what fell after the above measurement was taken  (measured almost an hour ago), so will call it 9.25" for now... Snow is blowing around too.

OBS

SN- (with blowing snow)
Temp 20.1F
Winds light, NW

I'll rely on kamu for final measurement, but that's just a great storm...mod to heavy snow from about 7am through 4pm...allows you to play in the snow all day and then clear driveway after snow has ended before it gets too dark...loses one point for not being on a Friday or Saturday, but that's quibbling, really...9/10, would do again...

7.7" final total here in Concord Township. As others have said, if this is the last snowfall of the winter, what a way to wind it up. Actually the last 3 weeks have been just great.

Probably the only winter in my life where i could say the last two weeks of Feb and first week of March were great. Usually it's crocus and daffodil season

Warrington, Bucks County, PA.   19.0 degrees, cloudy, calm wind, but earlier it was generally out of the north as the storm was ending.    

7.2" total.

36" for the season.   If it is the last storm (the Warminista in me hopes so), a great way to wind up winter and a very wild (not always with happy ending) 6 week period, much like last year, but later in the season.

Had a lull with little snow, due to that "drywall" that came through, from 2:00 to 2:45 pm or so.  Been snowing lightly to occasionally moderately and we've picked up another 1/2" of snow and stand at 7.5" for the storm.  Would love to make 8" and think I will with that next band on my doorstep.  22F. 

8.0", possibly final - maybe another tenth or two if that last band has any juice to it.  Went back outside to do my 3rd and final shoveling around 6 pm and then measured around 6:45 pm, after the light snow had stopped and I had picked up another 1/2" in the last couple of hours for a solid 8" pretty much everywhere.  With so little wind and minimal compaction, measuring was easy this time (not common this winter).  Total snow depth is now 18-20", on average.  Best storm of the season and great job by the NWS and the folks on this board who do all the pbp.  

Radar says it's over me. It's virga here.

Might blossom down there

All the obs I can find say its a massive virga storm to the northwest...  Many places have cloud decks near 10,000 feet with 15 degree temp/dewpoint spreads, so little or nothing is reaching the ground.

Okay thanks guys! It looks like the NE fringe of it just disintegrated over Allentown.  The bottom part wants to hold together and is on my doorstep so will see soon...

Archived