joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAP very clearly shows RH falling through the afternoon at lower levels. This is what bites you without any real surface low and Arctic air pressing. Even thought returns will look good, I think we are going to see sort've a "reverse process" virga situation continue, where it will look better than it is on the northwest side of the precip.

Exactly - Extreme NW Montco looks to be under a moderate band atm - but snow has ceased for now.

Still, 5.5 at last measure so better than expected.

If this loads for you, you'll see one dedicated mom bald eagle nesting her eggs...

incredible!

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1592549&mode=2

Hey, thanks for that link.  Incredible  what nesting birds endure while brooding.  What is she thinking of during all of this?   :unsure:

5" on the ground as of 12"15 pm, so 1" in the last hour.  Can we get to 8"?  Down to 25F.  

Went outside to shovel at 1:15 pm and we were up to 6" and down to 24F.  Took an hour to shovel and for most of that hour it was pouring heavy snow with visibility a little less than 1/4 mile (not as heavy as the 2.5" per hour 25:1 snow we got a few weeks ago) and my measurement at 2:15 pm was 7".  Wow!  It's now down to 23F/21F with 92% RH, but with 20 DBZ overhead, it's snowing very lightly.  Have I hit the drywall?  That would suck - was hoping for a few more hours of snow.  Not that I'm complaining about 7" of snow on 3/5, but am just surprised if this is the end.  Haven't read the thread yet - anyone?  

edit: ok, read through the last page or two and I guess it's the CAA drying things out.  Let's hope those waves in PA make it this far north and west and to the ground...

Archived