joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warrington, Bucks County, PA  25 degrees.  N wind 10 mph.  Snow.   Ab out 5.5" by the few measurements I did.   Though I did not go out back where I think I can get better measurements.

Got home from work in Bala after about a 55 minute drive.   Local roads not very good, though I have an intelligent AWD vehicle, so navigating was not bad.  Major roads are OK, though slick if you are not careful.

Biggest snow of the year for us.

It's 1pm in the Cape May area and the weather could be better. It's supposed to be in the 20's by now but it's 32° on the nose. Rain changed over around 11:30am to sleet & snow which it is doing now. Picked up 0.2" so far. Just a few days ago the buzz was Cape May getting a 12-18" bashing. Looks to me we will fortunate to get 3". I see many local closings today due to weather. Very hard to believe, again. Maybe the snow will really pick up. Would be nice!

Ray....how can you say 4.9 when the '5' is almost obscured?   I'd say maybe 5.2 or 5.3 there.

Its a little hard to pick up in the screen cap, but there's an obvious shadow of snow which I can follow back to the level snow and then trace back toward the ruler.  Its a little rough but based on the reports the Mercer Skywarn guy just posted to Mt. Holly's page, it actually looks perfect.

Here were that dude's reports:

Skywarn Mercer County, NJ 1pm Reports: Hopewell 5.5 LLC-005; Pennington 4.5 LLD-002; Princeton 5.0; Hopewell 5.3 LLG-020; Lawrenceville 4.9 MENJ-021

Langhorne.

24 degrees.

Wind starting to pick up, probably gusting up to 25 every so often.

5" on driveway.

6" on grassy areas that still had snow.

5.5" on the deck railing, usually the place that gives the most accurate measurement.

First 2.5" that fell were so wet you could squeeze the water out when you made a snowball. Next 2.5" are almost so light you can't make a snowball. What a change in ratio.

Archived