joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe the storm is unfolding almost exactly as predicted by model consensus in my backyard. Why don't I have ++SN and 5" yet!!!...It's already 10:45!! And Winchester has a ton!!

Spot on as usual. Those of us in eastern locations aren't getting better rates til later.

Should be getting close -- my parents just reported a flip to snow/sleet mix a few minutes ago in Calvert.  Hopefully southern areas stay in the snow well into the evening.  I want every location at 6"-plus.

Its still above freezing and sleet here. Hopefully it'll work its way down here soon. I hope its not like the 1/6 clipper where the screw zone was anyone south of Owings/Dunkirk. LWX now has me flipping to snow at noon. Its still early in the event, but very underwhelming so far.

I can't believe the storm is unfolding almost exactly as predicted by model consensus in my backyard. Why don't I have ++SN and 5" yet!!!...It's already 10:45!!  And Winchester has a ton!!

LOL man. Modeling showed us how this would play out. Heavy bands should move SE with time. Check out the meso discussion

WHat's sad is the northern folks are so entitled and incorrigible that the next storm they will again whine and complain and lament when they aren't jackpotted by models.  We MUST WIN THE SNOW WAR!

I always cheer for the cities to jackpot. As long as they do I can stay at home and enjoy whatever falls.

...CARROLL COUNTY...
1 SSW MANCHESTER 6.5 1029 AM 3/05 TRAINED SPOTTER
MILLERS 5.0 1007 AM 3/05 TRAINED SPOTTER
3 WSW LINEBORO 4.5 1010 AM 3/05 TRAINED SPOTTER
4 NNE UNIONTOWN 4.0 1000 AM 3/05 TRAINED SPOTTER
2 SE WESTMINSTER 4.0 1025 AM 3/05 TRAINED SPOTTER
1 ENE ELDERSBURG 1.0 850 AM 3/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

PSUHoffman  :axe:

WHat's sad is the northern folks are so entitled and incorrigible that the next storm they will again whine and complain and lament when they aren't jackpotted by models. We MUST WIN THE SNOW WAR!

It's shocking the heavy snow set up where it always does.

Archived