Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the trolling continues

deleted that post because it was poorly expressive of my thoughts... but I fully stand by my reply to blizzard on gfs

anyway, will just observe from here on out, my call below is on record.

---

So, we basically agree fully based on what I posted several minutes before this post (See below). BUT another 10-20 mile shift from the NAMS depiction (which is all I was saying) and we're talking about a very different story for the NYC area..

I still think its a 3-6 event - which is what I've said since this AM. how is that trolling?

6-12 phill/cnj/snj 

if I had flipped those accumulations, no one would say I was trolling - the psychology on the board is humorous.

my calls arent off verbatim model outputs. 

Guest Pamela

These events always have big cutoffs, see 2/2/96 which was a similar idea, hardly anything fell in EPA yet parts of SRN NJ had 18 inches

Saw the map on page 743 of the Kocin book...what a delightful gradient that turned NE to include LI & the Cape.  Another Iron Rule of Forecasting:  If central NJ gets big snows, it is very rare for Long Island to miss out.

Max Po FTW

I am all in...... :pimp:

SnowAmt90Prcntl.png

min baseline

http://www.weather.gov/images/okx/winter/SnowAmt10Prcntl.png

I liked 8 all day and 12 S and W  , I am going to hang with that   .4 at the CT coast line , so there is a gradient to this  on the NAM . The hope is it expands N a bit ,

One thing to note Hours 30 - 36 you are prob snowing at a 10 to 1 ratio but by hour 39 850`s have crashed to -14  and  by hour 51 its  -18 at 850 .

NAM about 5 miles further south.  So basically no change, an interesting thing is that the last wave is stronger, I like to see how the RGEM and GFS handles this last wave.  Currently the models predict a strong sheering vort max, I am thinking that the NAM is sheering it a little less so last wave is stronger. if this trend continues then there is a slim possibility that the precipitation max may start a north trend.  This slim possibility and it will not really be known until tomorrow Z run.

NAM about 5 miles further south.  So basically no change, an interesting thing is that the last wave is stronger, I like to see how the RGEM and GFS handles this last wave.  Currently the models predict a strong sheering vort max, I am thinking that the NAM is sheering it a little less so last wave is stronger. if this trend continues then there is a slim possibility that the precipitation max may start a north trend.  This slim possibility and it will not really be known until tomorrow Z run.

looked further than a 5 mile shift up this way. we cant spare anymore 5 mile shifts lol

Have been away from the internet for hours and just was watching News12NJ and they ran a simulated precip loop that looked to have little to no snow at all north of about a Lambertville to Staten Island line, with a voice over that this would be a South Jersey/Philly storm.  Any idea what model they're hugging?  Nobody else seems to be saying such things on this thread (sure less to the north of NYC, but not a miss for NYC completely, as implied by their loop).  I don't typically put much stock in those folks, but was curious.  

Archived