joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible snow->rain->snow? event, Tuesday-Thursday 3/3-5/2015

famartin

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed it is seems like we miss everything Central Pa gets and everything SEPA gets, I'm not sure how is Lancaster faring this season.

Not sure about Lancaster but in northern part of York pushing 36 for the year, very weird year parts of southern York have 10 inches less due to mixing and to the north mdt had right on 30 inches so far little less because of lack of precipitation making it far enough north. Had to walk fine line this year.

Jeez I'm just hoping Berks can get one significant snow event out of this winter.  40" is a pretty good winter, but I don't think I'll even get to 20"

Im northwest of Reading and we have 32" as of yesterday I believe, and we have missed every significant snow of the season just nickel and dimed our way there

Im northwest of Reading and we have 32" as of yesterday I believe, and we have missed every significant snow of the season just nickel and dimed our way there

I know Douglassville has not done as well as Wyomissing, but I don't keep super accurate records, so perhaps my total is higher than what I believe it is. Even so its been a real grind to get appreciable snow. 

I guess the Amish find americwx a modern convenience! 

I was thinking the same :lol:  they have to post in the fringe thread for central PA and NY, like the wild wild west forum covers a huge area with different climate zones. They have more in common with SEPA, it's like me posting in New England.

I was thinking the same :lol:  they have to post in the fringe thread for central PA and NY, like the wild wild west forum covers a huge area with different climate zones. They have more in common with SEPA, it's like me posting in New England.

Its either that or the computers   ;) Indeed, Pittsburg and Southern Central PA have different weather than the Allegheny region and the Lake Erie Snow belt.... The only lake effect Lancaster would ever see is from the Chesapeake! 

Yup, here in Amish county. I usually post in both Central and Phila threads.

My only fear of a 'bust' for this one is if it takes forever to turn to snow. It looks like it will certainly start as plain rain, then transition thru the usual sleet then snow. But how long will that take? I'm not worried about this going N or S at the moment....we have a battle zone developing right in SE PA in thru central NJ. Gonna be some nice banding features with this.

Its either that or the computers   ;) Indeed, Pittsburg and Southern Central PA have different weather than the Allegheny region and the Lake Erie Snow belt.... The only lake effect Lancaster would ever see is from the Chesapeake! 

except for the deathband that was a huron streamer that gave me 7" the other year....

just sayin.  We lurk...dont worry, but I have more central pa peeps that share "my" weather.

Nut

I'm gonna wait to see a more significant shift south in the rest of the globals before becoming concerned.  RGEM and NAM are pretty good and the last set of globals were good.  I suspect the RGEM precip is gonna be better than the NAM (shocking, I know).

Archived