joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible snow->rain->snow? event, Tuesday-Thursday 3/3-5/2015

famartin

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we still have one more day to fine tune the details.. Pretty wild.  Can't loose site of today's winter weather later this afternoon.. be safe out there driving when you all head back home later today.. 

Looking like a nice snow day to take and track this event.. 

GFS has the Lehigh Valley on the cliff of death with the cutoff. 3" far north to 8" south the gradient is huge.

9-10" imby to 3" 30 miles north of here. I'm terrified of sharp gradients :yikes:

Yep Colin already calling it 2-4 for the lehigh valley "big shift south on every model" hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Colin already calling it 2-4 for the lehigh valley "big shift south on every model" hmmm

Sent from my iPhone

It would be nice to see a favorable shift just 20 miles north it would benefit everybody in this forum there is wiggle room to not screw the southern crowd. Any further south shift would be  :cliff:  for the northern reaches

The model flips and flops were wild at this point with that storm. GGEM and UKMET never had it so it never a high certainty we were getting the blizzard. Much better odds this go around. 

That storm also was much more dynamic, with a much steeper gradient, making bust potential much greater.  

Wouldn't it figure that as soon as I pull the 5-10" forecast out, a south trend would start...

lol NAM went south and we all shrugged that it was just falling in line. GFS comes in EPIC. All systems go.....

GGEM/ UKMET come in as a roadside IED  *BOOM*

Meanwhile Quakertowneedsnow is breathing a sigh of relief

I won't feel confident in getting 6" or more until 12Z tomorrow.  I know the setup is different, but I just remember those March "snowstorms" last year that were suppressed by the polar vortex in the last 24-36 hours before the event, turning 3-6" into 3-6 snowflakes north of the Raritan or even 195.  And the "blizzard" this year.  Point being that there's still too much that can go wrong 42 hours out.  I'll feel much better at ~18 hours out at 12Z tomorrow, if the models are still showing 6" or more.  On the flip side, I'll still be happy to get 3-5" of snow or even 2" of snow and 2" of sleet on 3/5, but I'd really love to have one shellacking this winter...

Archived