joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible snow->rain->snow? event, Tuesday-Thursday 3/3-5/2015

famartin

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More disconcerting was the fact the NAM ticked south ever so slightly. Dont need to be seeing that at this range. GFS is just garbage since the upgrade imo. Been put to the test a few times and failed miserably. Could it be onto something with the lower amounts? Maybe but im not sure if the GFS is actually "lowering amounts" or just that the NAM is overdone and the GFS is just being more realistic? However the higher qpf NAM does have support sooooo. A blend of the two seems reasonable at this point.

Just wanted to drop by and give you guys props for an epic comeback this year.

Glad we can all share in the shear epicosity of this storied season.

We snow.

You snow.

We all snow.

I think we all have one more good shot just aftetr the equinox, or thereabouts...

Peace.

Thanks, much appreciated. Good luck getting that last 2" to put Boston over the top...enjoy!

More disconcerting was the fact the NAM ticked south ever so slightly. Dont need to be seeing that at this range. GFS is just garbage since the upgrade imo. Been put to the test a few times and failed miserably. Could it be onto something with the lower amounts? Maybe but im not sure if the GFS is actually "lowering amounts" or just that the NAM is overdone and the GFS is just being more realistic? However the higher qpf NAM does have support sooooo. A blend of the two seems reasonable at this point.

I hear ya on that. The worst thing now is the 12z guidance literally push all the heavy precip even further south.  Don't think that will happen, but you like to see the trend stay consistent and in the right direction.  

Anyway, NAM is rolling in, let's see what it does as we are now in its range.  Pretty much all mesoscale models kick in now.  

I hear ya on that. The worst thing now is the 12z guidance literally push all the heavy precip even further south.  Don't think that will happen, but you like to see the trend stay consistent and in the right direction.  

Anyway, NAM is rolling in, let's see what it does as we are now in its range.  Pretty much all mesoscale models kick in now.  

The GFS seems to have been weakening the waves of low pressure along the front. I'm thinking that could be part of what's allowing the front to push further south? (for the GFS anyway)

Archived