joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible snow->rain->snow? event, Tuesday-Thursday 3/3-5/2015

famartin

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From others Euro is generally 4-8" throughout the region.   Euro/Ukie/CMC have been fairly rock solid for the last few days really.  GFS wobbled at 6z today but it too has been rather steadfast.  IMO NAM not so much,  furthest north at 12z yesterday to furthest south today.  Personally I don't pay much attention to the NAM and it's surface maps though anyway. 

here is a map.  Euro has been steady as she goes with this:  these maps are usually a little overdone b/c they count sleet but it portrays the picture. 

mQZNMtH.png

Eurowx doesn't include sleet in the snowfall accumulation. That was answered recently by eurowx.com in their forum.

good to know.  thanks! I definitely think there will be some double digit totals within say 50 miles of the mason dixon line. 

I have an 11AM flight out of West Palm Beach due into EWR at about 2PM. What are my chances of the flight making it even if it is delayed?

Thanks in advance

I'd bank on a couple hours of delay. Hopefully that's it. Not sure if they cancel to be honest.

OK, internet access is back so here's what I can see on the EC for other locales.  These are based on my interpretation of the QPF and thermal profiles based on 6-hour time intervals...so there's a little guesswork.

MPO ~0.33" as snow

ABE ~0.47" as snow

RDG ~0.52" as snow

TTN ~0.62" as snow

PHL ~0.74" as snow

ILG ~0.76" as snow

ACY ~0.65" as snow

GED ~0.50" as snow

Archived