joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thumpidity Dumpity or SWFiter Rainer 3-4/3-5 storm

Ginx snewx

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at radar out of UNV..That' is going to come in into SNE like a wall this afternoon/evening. That looks like 1 inch+ per hour

There definitely could be a nice 2-3 hour period of S/S+...there's going to be an elevated warm layer though around 750mb, so we'll have to watch the pinger line closely.

Last 3 events actually over performed or been what was forecasted here.

Farther inland it's been different, for about 90% of this winter's snow events.  Last 3 were all minors anyway, but:

Feb 21-22, forecast 4-6, got 2.8

Feb 25. forecast 1-3, got 0.1

March 2, forecast 1, got 0.3

GFS has had AUG with 0.3" qpf or just below, RUM running about half AUG.  We're closer to RUM, so 2-3" looks more likely than 4-6 (though advisory says 3-5.)

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 10 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

* LOCATIONS...MOST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND...AWAY FROM THE SOUTH
  COAST.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES...ALONG
  WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE.

* TIMING...SNOW BEGINS LATE THIS AFTERNOON IN THE CONNECTICUT
  VALLEY AND THIS EVENING IN THE COASTAL PLAIN. SNOW THEN
  TRANSITIONS TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN FROM SOUTHWEST TO
  NORTHEAST DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS...THEN CHANCES TO RAIN
  EARLY TOMORROW MORNING.

* IMPACTS...UNTREATED ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY
  TUESDAY EVENING IMPACTING LATTER PART OF THE COMMUTE. SLEET AND
  FREEZING RAIN OVERNIGHT INTO TOMORROW WILL BE AN ISSUE FOR THE
  MORNING RUSH HOUR ESPECIALLY ACROSS INTERIOR NEW ENGLAND. THE
  ADDED ICE AND LIQUID WATER WILL ADD SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT TO AREA
  ROOFS.

Yes, Epic!

I have to say, now that we're into March and I've felt that warm sun I am just about over this winter. It would be nice if PWM could surpass 100", but we're not threatening any records and these nuisance events are just that - nuisances. Wish we could flip a switch at this point.

I have to say, now that we're into March and I've felt that warm sun I am just about over this winter. It would be nice if PWM could surpass 100", but we're not threatening any records and these nuisance events are just that - nuisances. Wish we could flip a switch at this point.

Another couple weeks and i will turn the page once riding season is over, Right now, I am getting all i can in

Another couple weeks and i will turn the page once riding season is over, Right now, I am getting all i can in

Bases all across Maine are 3-4 feet, thats pretty epic of course its a stats game with peeps but in reality a fantastic winter for winter sports enthusiasts

Bases all across Maine are 3-4 feet, thats pretty epic of course its a stats game with peeps but in reality a fantastic winter for winter sports enthusiasts

It has been very very good once it got going in late Jan, Clubs are starting to run out of funds for grooming though, Once that ends my riding ends according to the feedback i get from my back

I absolutely cannot complain about this winter, and I do plan to do some more skiing this month. And of course it would nice to have one more big event.

My call for this one for MBY is 3", and I fully expect to see sun and 40 tomorrow.

The low level temperatures are pretty cold throughout the event. If 36 is the precedent for freezing rain like BOX suggested than GFS would be a nice little icing event. Temps don't rise higher than 33F really here on the GFS. NAM is 36F at it's peak. The GEM is actually hilarious because it almost has an all snow event. I'm tossing the GEM hard. RGEM actually sort of is majority snow here too. So I guess you have to give it some credence. 

I'm going to go 2-4" here.

Archived