Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumpidity Dumpity or SWFiter Rainer 3-4/3-5 storm

Ginx snewx

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think many region wide will get 2-3. Spot 4 maybe in CT or wrn areas. Perhaps nrn MA too as long as the LLJ provides the oomph. Sometimes one of those warm WAA bands fires in from W-E and stalls before sagging south and is located near the transition line. Maybe someone gets a bit more in that.

12Z gfs held serve for qpf, 0.29" for AUG, 0.16" for RUM, all snow, and has slowly backed off a bit concerning Wed mildness, though other sources apparently have not.  After that the run is essentially dry thru 3/15, then rains and stays above 32 at the end - out in la-la-land, but it's looked that way for a couple days.

yea cuz the .2 from 4 inches to 6 inches is the same as .2 to 1 inch, oh boy

2-12.

You can sometimes narrow ranges down from default ranges. I do that all the time. It warms real quick at 850, so unless a mega band sat there for 2 hrs..I think 6 is tough. 

BOS only needs 3.5 to tie people. 3.6 breaks it. Hoping for the best.

I betcha they do it tonight...  

I've been paying attention to rad up stream, and there are some truly heavy bands in the overrunning front.  

My original idea of this going right up to 32 F with rain overspreading from a couple days ago ain't got a snow ball's chance in Hades.  

It's going to snow hard for a couple of hours... perhaps 2 per for anyone under one of those bands.  

The obs off to the west in this have been prettty impressive considering the 3 hourly QPF amounts were in the 0.10-0.15 range...lighter than what most guidance has for SNE tonight. Except the GFS of course which is quite paltry over SNE this evening.

It definitely would not shock me for some to come up over 3-4" for sure..esp we can get those echoes to blow up like the HRRR has over ern NY.

Word!  ...the other thing I'm wondering.. .the rad returns are moving due E, with almost no detectable polaward bias, which leads me to wonder if the models are too aggressive with warm air intrusion (though perhaps aloft) for a system appearing ever more destined to be W-E oriented...  It's ending as a zr in lower michigan and indiana and so forth.  

17z HRRR : Snow starts at dinner time in Boston. Snows until about midnight when it transitions. Not even a drop of rain for my area on that run. 

17z RAP : Really similar honestly, not much difference. Not much rain either near BOS.

Not much precip after it shuts off between midnight and 2am. Roads could be quite nasty with glaze if light precipitation can fall.

Archived