• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thumpidity Dumpity or SWFiter Rainer 3-4/3-5 storm

Ginx snewx

Actually I hadn't seen the 96h panel yet...it was a bit better than I thought..tack on another inch or two. Definitely an improvement over 12z.

Its similar to the GFS at 84 north of the VA/W-VA region, but south of there it was hanging precip and energy further back, the UKMET at 72 is west of the GFS but cannot tell what it does at 84

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian is pretty cold on the front end for Tues night.

Will, What areas look to do have best potential based on Lift and Temp profiles.

Is it more Latitude oriented/ Does lift weaken as it moves across SNE....any BL issues E coast

Perhaps just a brief over view that touches on these things.  I know things are looking colder and we should have a decent "Front ender" but beyond that i'm curious and have about 5 mins before i'm nodding off, thank you for any response

Will, What areas look to do have best potential based on Lift and Temp profiles.

Is it more Latitude oriented/ Does lift weaken as it moves across SNE....any BL issues E coast

Perhaps just a brief over view that touches on these things.  I know things are looking colder and we should have a decent "Front ender" but beyond that i'm curious and have about 5 mins before i'm nodding off, thank you for any response

It's kind of early to get too specific, but the best looks across NW MA down through C MA and perhaps E MA...I think it will be snow in BOS pretty much as long the mid-levels support it, but it could get pretty pasty for a time, so if it is too light, then it might not produce that well. But right now, it does look like there should be sufficient lift for moderate precip for several hours on the front. The lift does weaken as it heads NE...the whole system is getting deamplified as it moves east.

It's kind of early to get too specific, but the best looks across NW MA down through C MA and perhaps E MA...I think it will be snow in BOS pretty much as long the mid-levels support it, but it could get pretty pasty for a time, so if it is too light, then it might not produce that well. But right now, it does look like there should be sufficient lift for moderate precip for several hours on the front. The lift does weaken as it heads NE...the whole system is getting deamplified as it moves east.

Which if timed right, could save us from an extended period of plain rain (and more substantial ponding on the roads). 

It will definitely be an interesting week of weather here.

Look like 33 and drizzle is the best warmth this brings on Wednesday to the south coast.  Could be an all out ice storm if model trends get any colder.  Thursday could be a 12-18 inch deal quite easily on the south coast and SE New England. Liking the trends.  Another false warm up around the ides, which is probably 100% bull crap.

Look like 33 and drizzle is the best warmth this brings on Wednesday to the south coast.  Could be an all out ice storm if model trends get any colder.  Thursday could be a 12-18 inch deal quite easily on the south coast and SE New England. Liking the trends.  Another false warm up around the ides, which is probably 100% bull crap.

You sound like Roger Smith

and No that "false warm up" looks real, not 60 but the Arctic air is literally pushed out of the southern 1/2 of Canada. Right now the timing on the gfs has bounced back and now forward a day, depending on when a low pushing from NW of Washington State plows into Canada and floods it with milder air. The EPO is going positive unlike on other past false warm ups. That is real. Its happening. What nobody knows yet is whether the -EPO re loads.

Yeah I was just going to post that ENS looked good. You think that has potential for 6+?

You know how these go....I want to see if 12z still looks good. We've seen these look good 60-72 hrs out only to move SE. I'm not going to get my hopes up until the 12z guidance comes in.

Archived