joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thumpidity Dumpity or SWFiter Rainer 3-4/3-5 storm

Ginx snewx

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you think about it, a  little melting and compacting with any rain will freeze up nicely. You are getting to the point in the season where moisture content of the snow pack > actual snow depth. Obviously this isn't always the case. 2" of cement can't compete with 18" of higher ratio snow..but you get the idea. 

WSI maps have lower 40s for everyone on Wednesday...I don't think that is out of the question. It's posisble it stays closer to upper 30s and maybe a protected glen at the bottom of a canyon in the CT River valley stays 34F, but the general idea of some relative mildness on Wednesday isn't weird.

Also, I don't think anyone on here called for mid 50s and rain on Wednesday...that is a straw man that keeps getting thrown around in this event. At least make a link to those posts or don't bother making those posts, they sound petty.

Lastly, I am enthused a little bit that the Euro brought the anafront event back a bit. Hopefully that continues to trend a bit deeper with the energy getting infused in the base of the trough.

WSI maps have lower 40s for everyone on Wednesday...I don't think that is out of the question. It's posisble it stays closer to upper 30s and maybe a protected glen at the bottom of a canyon in the CT River valley stays 34F, but the general idea of some relative mildness on Wednesday isn't weird.

Also, I don't think anyone on here called for mid 50s and rain on Wednesday...that is a straw man that keeps getting thrown around in this event. At least make a link to those posts or don't bother making those posts, they sound petty.

Lastly, I am enthused a little bit that the Euro brought the anafront event back a bit. Hopefully that continues to trend a bit deeper with the energy getting infused in the base of the trough.

perhaps you should turn the radio and TV on, that's exactly what was put out there. Who said anything about people posting that here?

perhaps you should turn the radio and TV on, that's exactly what was put out there. Who said anything about people posting that here?

I've seen mid-40s and apparently you said WBZ said 48F...but I hadn't seen mid 50s.

But 40s would not be a surprise on Wednesday. They aren't a lock, but the Euro shows them and so does MOS.

We'll see if the models continue to trend flatter or not.

I've seen mid-40s and apparently you said WBZ said 48F...but I hadn't seen mid 50s.

But 40s would not be a surprise on Wednesday. They aren't a lock, but the Euro shows them and so does MOS.

We'll see if the models continue to trend flatter or not.

apology accepted,lol multiple sources on Friday were touting 50s and rain after a brief bout of snow. I see zero sun on the Euro and surface temps of 34-35 on the text outputs on both the GFS and Euro

What does WSI show for the GFS, there's a surface temp disconnect somewhere

apology accepted,lol multiple sources on Friday were touting 50s and rain after a brief bout of snow. I see zero sun on the Euro and surface temps of 34-35 on the text outputs on both the GFS and Euro

What does WSI show for the GFS, there's a surface temp disconnect somewhere

GFS on WSI only makes upper 30s on 2m temps.

I could see how some brief breaks of sun happen on the Euro and any other guidance...look at the RH fields, they get a bit dry in the mid-levels...we dryslot. But even without sun we can still crack 40F.

So I'm not sure why it's hard to picture.

GFS on WSI only makes upper 30s on 2m temps.

I could see how some brief breaks of sun happen on the Euro and any other guidance...look at the RH fields, they get a bit dry in the mid-levels...we dryslot. But even without sun we can still crack 40F.

So I'm not sure why it's hard to picture.

who said it wasn't? Just not seeing that on modeling

Euro ensembles are bullish for the anafront event...nice reversal from the last two runs...but there's still 84-90 hours to go on that one, and they are fickle.

But there's no doubt that there must be some good members in there.

fwiw srefs looked good but it is the srefs

Euro ensembles are bullish for the anafront event...nice reversal from the last two runs...but there's still 84-90 hours to go on that one, and they are fickle.

But there's no doubt that there must be some good members in there.

Archived