• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thumpidity Dumpity or SWFiter Rainer 3-4/3-5 storm

Ginx snewx

definitely an option, pretty amazing how these cutters seem to slowly evolve into meh . Was the Euro last night the start of the evolution or just a burp?. Of all the cutter fails.seems this one has the best setup, well as of now....

That's why I would like to see 12z and 00z show this. I don't exactly have a ton of confidence in the EC, although it makes sense to me as to why it shows that solution.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what has started to show up is Sunday becoming sort of a confluence maker, to me that's the key piece

It won't change the high probably, but at this point you want a weaker and flatter solution. Can't ignore the GFS either and even a compromise would still be ugly. Can't always fall in love with the coldest solution all the time, but I hope the EC is closer to correct. It was a nice strung out look at 500mb.

Didn't see this thread earlier....but Euro continued to trend colder last night which is good. Really limits the amount of warmth we get and probably an advisory front ender. GFS is probably only an inch or two...though it has trended in a direction where we only see a brief warmup, so perhgaps we can avoid much melt.

It's possible this still ends up as a net gainer too if we can grab advisory on the front end and a couple inches on the anafront.

Would be nice of the nrn stream look continued to dig that ULL south and flatten the flow a bit. Keep the trough stretched and limit influence from the s/w over the SW US. I feel like it could go either way right now.

I like following your forecasts as you are very good at analysis. Would a colder solution help Long Island with more snow/mix, or is our goose cooked on this event already, with cold rain 90 percent of event.  I don't see any warmer than 39/39 to 40/40 for Long Island.  45/45 is not happening. I think SNE rots to 38/38  at best.

I like following your forecasts as you are very good at analysis. Would a colder solution help Long Island with more snow/mix, or is our goose cooked on this event already, with cold rain 90 percent of event. I don't see any warmer than 39/39 to 40/40 for Long Island. 45/45 is not happening. I think SNE rots to 38/38 at best.

The euro would give LI some snow too, although 850 temps warm rapidly there. It's definitely not a great look for LI, but like SNE.....you want a flatter look to help keep the front end more snow.

All I was saying, is to come in here with more than wishcasting and not looking at anything. He does that, but whatever.

I know what you mean, and am not trying to argue.

But I think it's ok to say that you have a hunch that something will trend in a certain direction...what is wrong is trying to interpret guidance in a manner that that is simply incorrect.

I understand that guidance right now is ugly....I just have a hunch that it may continue to cool.

yep, won"t take much either but I have weenie goggles on ya know

I think scenario one is achievable, but getting that wave up here will be tough....esp. n of the pike.

Not sure that is realistic.....but I'm sure an outter cirrus cloud for the follow up wave will ream with doe oes to bury Weymouth.

Oh...okay.. Didn' see this thread... 

Yeah, I mentioned this also in the other thread that there is that interesting follow-up impulse riding up W of the baroclinic zone once it has cleared E/S... That can materialize upglide QPF ANA style, indeed... Or more, depending - agreed.

Archived