joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FFC forecast puzzles me greatly. The have 2-4" from Hartsfield all the way to Cartersville, no variation. Hartsfield has no chance of snow, Cartersville is going to get crushed. WTF?

I was explaining it to my wife earlier......Snowmaggedon Atlanta 2014 has ruined all conservative forecasting around here for at least a few years or until people start forgetting what happened and being stranded in their cars for 36 hours.

- Buck

That's where the low is going to reform. I said earlier the Euro was out to lunch with it's inland track nw of kchs.

If it is then its would drastically alter the prediction for central and eastern NC...I am not sold on it yet but it does match the Euro/GFS consensus they held for days and would also be validation of the overamped NAM idea most had leading up to the storm......very much NYC blizzard bust like if that is the new low forming and it takes the further offshore track the Euro had yesterday and Monday.....

Use the obs thread kthx

Use the obs thread kthx

You know.....I don't post very much at all on this forum, and when I do I'm always just trying to share info that I think might be of interest to a lot of people here. But I do read these boards all the time, and I see people saying all kinds of things that are totally irrelevant, but I do have the tact to just move on and not mention it. So I'll thank you to keep your remarks about anything that I have to say, to yourself.

Thanks. I thought with reforming lows like this the thermals got all screwed up.

Well its not jumping like a Miller B though I don't think, its more a question of path.

The slp has been slowly strengthening all day. Once it gets in the Atlantic, that rate of change should increase, abet only slightly though in this case.

I don't think its going to bomb out to sub 990 for example. Didn't see that on any of the models. 996 off Hatteras though is still pretty good, we will see if it makes it. 

I think taking a gfs/nam/euro blend and putting this SLP offshore about 50 miles up the coast is a good call. Look at the sfc prog and the fact that this is an open wave and not a stacked bowling ball, it will only get so far inland. The NAM is probably as far nw as it can get IMO. Going to be a fun night.

Archived