joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18z RGEM shifts a bit more NW.  Tracks a 999 mb LP over SW GA.  Might be a little slower, too.  Waiting on precip.

EDIT: Yep, the heaviest precip is a good 25-50 miles NW, too, which is going to be good for I-85.  Fierce cutoff for Wake County with NW parts of the county staying close to all-snow while SE parts mix a lot.

The GFS shifted NW, too, but is still fairly light on QPF.

Anyways, with the 18z model runs done, it's time to start looking at radar and maybe some RAP or HRRR in the SR from here on out.

If you want to enjoy watching this unfold in NC it will take an all nighter. Exactly what I plan to do.

I'll be up watching this all unfold with all you triad guys! Can't wait till the fun begins  :sled:

Looking like all snow and the totals keep ticking up as the day wears on. What is the timetable for the piedmont?

PSA for the nice out of state mets who are giving us such nice information.  I know some upthread were trying to watch grainy GDOT cameras.  11alive is streaming online today and they have reporters in some of the North Georgia counties getting quite a bit of snow today.  They have a reporter in a truck following a snow plow around Cherokee County at the moment, cute stuff.

http://www.11alive.c.../05/30/5867887/

Archived