• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

The 4 km NAM is adjusting NW, as well (not that that is a surprise).  The surface low and heaviest precip are a good 50 miles west of 12z.  999 mb LP west of Waycross at hr 12.  998 mb LP just south of Emerald Isle at hr 15.

Looks like the Hi-Res is setting to drop about 10" of snow here in less than six hours.  850 0C isotherm runs from Roanoke Rapids to CLT at hr 15 with RDU definitely not snow at that point (though a lot fell before that).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 4 km NAM is adjusting NW, as well (not that that is a surprise).  The surface low and heaviest precip are a good 50 miles west of 12z.  999 mb LP west of Waycross at hr 12.

Looks like the Hi-Res is setting to drop about 10" of snow here in less than six hours.  850 0C isotherm runs from Roanoke Rapids to CLT at hr 15 with RDU definitely not snow at that point (though a lot fell before that).

Dang it. We are going to be left with 3 inches with these shifts north. 

FYI for those of you who aren't checking the obs thread.........the rain/snow line seems to have setup around I-20......all of us here north of I-20 are getting moderate to sometimes heavy snow with sleet mixed in.....I haven't seen any rain reports north of Atlanta.  hopefully that may be some good news for all of you upstream from here.

- Buck

Based on what I am seeing, a rough line from Spartanburg-Gastonia-Huntersville-Salisbury-High Point-Hillsborough should be near highest accm

In this corridor, say roughly 75 miles on either side of that line, I think 6"-10" is looking more likely

4km looks good, looks like as soon as rates let up we flip to sleet, QPF not as crazy as the 12km NAM, looks 1"-1.25" QPF for RDU.

Pack I'm due NE of you so we're on that same line. I think with this we just have to wait for the storm itself to see what we get. Hopefully we can end up just over that switch line and really score here. Even some sleet would still have this a major storm.  

GSP office:

Accumulations... snow accumulation of 5 to 8 inches across the
foothills and northern upstate of South Carolina. Areas along
and east of the Interstate 77 corridor across Charlotte Metro
area may see values between 10 to 12 inches. 

Archived