joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also be concerned about crappy flakes.

Coming down pretty good but you are right snow growth isn't great. 23/19. SN

I certainly do not like that CT size hole over upstate New York. It would suck if that doesn't back fill and I am not convinced that it will.

Looks pretty for now, town roads and I-91 are snow-covered.

I always ignore those in favor of 6 hour qpf. And for mby even that image validates my statement.

So 3am is the new midnight in the snow globe of America huh. Well I guess those forecast echoes on the sim radar product over CT won't get to you lol.

Because the LLJ strengthens as it gets up into SNE. It isn't just Worcester on east that sees snow. Look at WV. Stuff is exploding over the Tennessee and Ohio valleys right now under the strongest LLJ and that axis is directed at SNE (NOT ONLY E. SNE). Besides CT looks to see the most snow out of this not the Boston area. You might get more snow than forecast but the highest amounts don't look to shift over your house. Snow growth doesn't even look that good over in eastern areas with 0C line at 850mb being much closer to you guys than over on west. Also the best lift is from 850 to 750 and you guys warm above -4C. That is not ideal for snow growth. Areas further west like BDL have that region closer to -8C. Just my two cents.

The RGEM disagrees with you for Boston area and SW.

ya, thou it has looked that way for days....you mean less than forecast

I know that. I think BOS will be fine, but sometimes the precip shield isn't as healthy north of the good forcing like some models show. It's something to watch, that's all...wasn't trying to cause anxiety. I think the whole axis slowly lifts north tonight. My guess.

So far in upstate NY, things are matching pretty well with the RGEM.  Good snows from Utica to Bennington.  Less in the mid-hudson valley up through ALB.  Hopefully the next batch hits CT and parts of MA pretty good overnight.  I'll wait for a cutter to roll the dice with.  Longitude and elevation have not been helpful since November.

I know that. I think BOS will be fine, but sometimes the precip shield isn't as healthy north of the good forcing like some models show. It's something to watch, that's all...wasn't trying to cause anxiety. I think the whole axis slowly lifts north tonight. My guess.

I was just looking for clarity, I wasn't sure what you meant.

RGEM has been crushing Kev now to over to GINXY for a while. with Distinct Drop off in ORH county

I just cleared a friends roof, the pack is so impressive that I was able to walk across the top of the snowpack it and only sink down a few inches. I mean I would like a few more feet, but at this point a nice refresher will work.

I was just looking for clarity, I wasn't sure what you meant.

I just cleared a friends roof, the pack is so impressive that I was able to walk across the top of the snowpack it and only sink down a few inches. I mean I would like a few more feet, but at this point a nice refresher will work.

Sorry, I am trying to multitask and post thoughts at the same time..lol. I'll be clearer.

Archived