Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 3-4 day fail by all models.

I wonder when BOX will start taking down advisories in areas.

10.8/-3

Yeah won't speak to advisories as I'm not paying much attention...I am still mainly wet here I think.  But it's been a clear as day, steady shift SE with just a few runs here and there that bumped back NW.  GFS is probably OTL again....go cold or go home.

Yes the RPM continues to come in colder, the R/S line barely makes it up to 84 then crashes.

Now has 2-4 for half the state >4-6 for the other half with some pockets of 6-8 over tolland Hartford and windham counties. Big change from previous runs...seems to be cooling off on each consecutive run fwiw

Reduce each of those ranges 50% and you'll be near storm totals.  My final call:

Up to 2" in NW mass, 3-4 for the rest, 3-5 for northern CT.

Oh--and 7.5" in Lunenberg.

Reduce each of those ranges 50% and you'll be near storm totals.  My final call:

Up to 2" in NW mass, 3-4 for the rest, 3-5 for northern CT.

Oh--and 7.5" in Lunenberg.

Due to deep layer SW flow I think the western slopes up toward the crest could do relatively well with 4-6". A jackpot of 6-8" is possible in the Taconics and Rensselaer Plateau area. East slope gets shadowed somewhat this go around with 2-4".

Perfectly actually. please stop. You're ruining the thread with this whining stuff. 

Kevin--take a look at the radar. The latitudinal gain is minimal.  Part of that is due to evaporation on the northern edge, but the trajectory is primarily east, not north.  Why does the insistence you had that it would be impossible for this to track inland not allow this to continue to pass south?   The radar suggests most of the qpf falling perhaps as far north as the CT/RI coast, but the heaviest amounts will be south of that.  The gradation was modeled, and observations show the continued trek south.

Don't worry though, I think you'll still still be in the jackpot area.

13.6/-2

Kevin--take a look at the radar. The latitudinal gain is minimal.  Part of that is due to evaporation on the northern edge, but the trajectory is primarily east, not north.  Why does the insistence that it would be impossible for this to track inland not allow this to continue to pass south?   The radar suggests most of the qpf falling perhaps as far north as the CT/RI coast, but the heaviest amounts will be south of that.  The gradation was modeled, and observations show the continued trek south.

Don't worry though, I think you'll still still be in the jackpot area.

13.6/-2

Every radar I'm looking at has precip moving NE..Unless you're drunk or your monitor is upside down I'm not sure what you're talking about

Every radar I'm looking at has precip moving NE..Unless you're drunk or your monitor is upside down I'm not sure what you're talking about

That's not how it appears on the weathertap regional animation.

Maybe I'm wrong.  Hell, it won't be the first time.  But I don't think my eyes are lying.

Still warming, but it's ways to go to my forecasted high of 25*.  At least the sun's not shining as brightly through the clouds  and the blue patches to the north have pretty much disappeared.

13.7/-2

Archived