joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like being about 15-25 miles north of the possible mix line. I always seem to do better intensity-wise, if I lose on ratios. Magical to be out and about in dense heavy flakes. Though as things evolved, this area will probably have pretty good ratios for the first 6-10 hours, too.

Just when ya think you might finally do something a little special......ẃeve pretty much sublimated what we got Sunday so best case scenario is probably just getting back what we lost and then we loose part of that tomorrow .....95-96 and 10-11 way better and way more spread out for everyone.... we desperately need a few miller A inside the bm for snow epicosity...

I think Uptons 3-7" range on the wwa summary is a weak call. 3" is advisory while 7" is a warning. Either go 3-5" and leave the advisory or go warning for 5-8". They've had a very subpar winter and prob don't want to go warning and bust again. But this is coming in saturday night where many folks will be out and about. Could be some trouble on the roads.

Just bookmark that to memory..next time models show a warm cutter after a fresh press of arctic air

Yes all the rain storms prior to Jan 24th between the arctic cold shots really heeded that advice. Remember folks freaking out about cold and dry after warm and wet, and Cold Miser was ice skating on his rain pond?

Yes all the rain storms prior to Jan 24th between the arctic cold shots really heeded that advice. Remember folks freaking out about cold and dry after warm and wet, and Cold Miser was ice skating on his rain pond?

The ocean was warm and we had no snowpack..and the arctic air masses were nothing like these. Not even comparable.

The ocean was warm and we had no snowpack..and the arctic air masses were nothing like these. Not even comparable.

My coldest mornings of the winter were January 8th and January 14th. Those were potent air masses.

But yes, it is requiring a record cold airmass to stay snow down there.

I'm just saying you are simplifying it too much. We could easily vacate this airmass and rain by morning if the set up allowed it, as we did earlier in the winter and last winter a bunch. It's not a lock that just because it's cold now every storm has to stay snow.

It's more because of the weak low. If it had been 992mb it certainly would've cut.

With the warming upstairs ..I think this is denser and wetter than anything we've seen since the Jan 24th storm

Yup.  I think BOX's statement is a good one that even though intensity will increase, the snowfall rates will actually get lower.  Not much in the way of fluff as the warmer air intrudes aloft.

3-4 with spot 5's in GC/northern ORH (except Lunenberg which will register a 9.5")

4-6" south of there near Kevin, trickle down as you continue South and East as mix increases.

My coldest mornings of the winter were January 8th and January 14th. Those were potent air masses.

I'm just saying you are simplifying it too much. We could easily vacate this airmass and rain by morning if the set up allowed it, as we did earlier in the winter and last winter a bunch. It's not a lock that just because it's cold now every storm has to stay snow.

It's more because of the weak low. If it had been 992mb it certainly would've cut.

Well according to Tip it happens all the time .He recalls many instances when it went from 0 to 40 in short 7-8 hour recovery with a  few drips of zr to plain rain

Well according to Tip it happens all the time .He recalls many instances when it went from 0 to 40 in short 7-8 hour recovery with a few drips of zr to plain rain

That it does. There are a good deal of thaws that start out like 0F up here only to be 34F and rain within 24hrs.

Even the Grinch storm was 3F the morning prior to raining at 33F.

it mostly packed down i can walk on some of my drifts lol

Just when ya think you might finally do something a little special......ẃeve pretty much sublimated what we got Sunday so best case scenario is probably just getting back what we lost and then we loose part of that tomorrow .....95-96 and 10-11 way better and way more spread out for everyone.... we desperately need a few miller A inside the bm for snow epicosity...

there's something to his thought pattern. The sheer expanse of heavy cold across Canada is nothing like Dec Jan. That's a dam not a waterfall

Archived