joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid-level mistresses, deformation duchesses, frontogen fairies... when does the terror end?

I knew when I made up the term "QPF Queen"...it would eventually be regrettable. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

I haven't really looked very closely at this threat having been up north...but just digging in now, this looks like an advisory to low end warning event. Normally I would say no dice inside of 495 on anything over 3" in this but the antecedent airmass is so powerful and this isn't a big lakes cutter or anything...it's going to have problems bullying the current airmass. That battle should result in at least a few hours of moderate to occasionally heavy snow IMHO tomorrow night.

I knew when I made up the term "QPF Queen"...it would eventually be regrettable. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

I haven't really looked very closely at this threat having been up north...but just digging in now, this looks like an advisory to low end warning event. Normally I would say no dice inside of 495 on anything over 3" in this but the antecedent airmass is so powerful and this isn't a big lakes cutter or anything...it's going to have problems bullying the current airmass. That battle should result in at least a few hours of moderate to occasionally heavy snow IMHO tomorrow night.

Do you see the RGEM run as believable. All snow in Bos on table?

its 5 below zero way down at the tip of southern jersey, thats a lot of weight

00z GFS likes Tolland County:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Only issue is that 900mb is already above freezing by 06z in that area...so probably almost half of that is cold rain.

Not sure I buy it, but it's something to watch...the LLJ will make a push, but it will be slowed at some point...where that halting occurs could affect snow totals in a non-trivial manner.

Only issue is that 900mb is already above freezing by 06z in that area...so probably almost half of that is cold rain.

Not sure I buy it, but it's something to watch...the LLJ will make a push, but it will be slowed at some point...where that halting occurs could affect snow totals in a non-trivial manner.

Thats about as marginal warming as it gets and being the GFS....

Archived