joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS and RPM have some decent agreement with that impressive inverted trough look for later tonight for CT/LI/SE NY. Both have that relatively strong surface low near Montauk and strong low level forcing along the trough northwest of there. 

Odd combination of models to have in your corner. 

post-40-0-87828600-1423920387_thumb.png

post-40-0-62881000-1423920394_thumb.png

post-40-0-63490200-1423920400_thumb.png

GFS and RPM have some decent agreement with that impressive inverted trough look for later tonight for CT/LI/SE NY. Both have that relatively strong surface low near Montauk and strong low level forcing along the trough northwest of there. 

Odd combination of models to have in your corner. 

Also really persistent with that meso-low up in coastal Maine. Fascinating features showing up with this thing. Love the soundings for later today. Good stuff.

i EXPECT HEAVY SNOW TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY  FOR CT AND MASS AREA .  totals near 10 inches for ct area includinge the hartford area and blizzard conditions and  . I think they will upgrade to blizzard  warnings for all of ct  for tonight into sunday. To weather people just look at weather models and only couple models .  storm will be stronger than models say . jb lc are very good weather people .

i EXPECT HEAVY SNOW TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY  FOR CT AND MASS AREA .  totals near 10 inches for ct area includinge the hartford area and blizzard conditions and  . I think they will upgrade to blizzard  warnings for all of ct  for tonight into sunday. To weather people just look at weather models and only couple models .  storm will be stronger than models say . jb lc are very good weather people .

Nice to see blizzard24 and Kevin in agreement. 

Good morning all, not sure if this is the best place to ask this,when i watch the mets on tv, what "models" do they they all go with, to get their projected amounts? example, i'm in Nashua, NH i hear 6-10"  for us, some say we fall 12-18", just wondering ...I understand it cant be etched in stone, but just wondering...ty

Archived