joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPF really isn't too different from 12z...but I like the way it makes it there better. The ending is more defined. It's still 0.5" from ORH-east...though it's a little west with that line down in RI and east with it further north into NNE.

Exclude that single GFS blob driven by the 500mb hurricane, and you've got very good consensus among all the other models for pretty much what the Euro shows at 0z.

Where's the .75 line Will?

IT's a bit further west on the Cape than 12z but east up near NH border...this run was def less snow for ME/NH and more for SE MA and RI...kind of the same in between.

Keep in mind these changes are not monstrous...Euro typically doesn't do that.

Exclude that single GFS blob driven by the 500mb hurricane, and you've got very good consensus among all the other models for pretty much what the Euro shows at 0z.

GGEM is pretty crappy IMHO...it's probably as bad as the GFS is good. Euro is a decent compromise.

GGEM is pretty crappy IMHO...it's probably as bad as the GFS is good. Euro is a decent compromise.

RGEM -  probably too much focus way offshore - I think if we toss that aspect we'd have had better inflow.

GFS - probably a bogus spinup that leads to a regionwide dump.  Probably an error but okay otherwise.

Euro - doesn't do either of those things.  I think the Euro will be the king on this one.

IT's a bit further west on the Cape than 12z but east up near NH border...this run was def less snow for ME/NH and more for SE MA and RI...kind of the same in between.

Keep in mind these changes are not monstrous...Euro typically doesn't do that.

Ehh, 3 weeks ago it sure did, I guess though substitute NYC for the area off the NH coastline this run and you have what happened. 

The waa part is a little unusual in that we have Alaska cold and if we get snow growth we can get half decent accumulations with the rates advertised.

Yep, plus OE later, plus some banding.  I think the Euro is the way to go, and with that there will be some surprise jacks.   It's a nicer system.

I joked a day or two ago this was the type of system we would not get consensus.  That's what is clearly happening.  Models are all over the place still but only the Euro seems to be "okay" and free from what might be some biases/errors.

The waa part is a little unusual in that we have Alaska cold and if we get snow growth we can get half decent accumulations with the rates advertised.

The soundings look almost windex during the WAA tomorrow...so we could get some pretty good stuff in that.

BTV WRF is really consistent on Hammering The Area between between Hampton Beach and Portland Maine with a Jackpot near PSM  to extreme SW corner of Maine.

Takes same exact idea as Hi Res 4KM nam but pushes dry slot behind WAA snows 30 miles NE and gives PSM area a mad snow blitz between 9pm and 5 am.

Gives J POT 1.75 to 2.0 QPF ...prolly verify around 1.3 or 1.4 in Jack's given it's usually over zealous nature.

Tip's eye popping NAVGEM is even more eye popping. It went substantially west of its 12z run. It's even further west than the GFS position at 36hr lmao. Wonder if this is a good red flag or not, but this could become the Tippy storm that could!

My sister was carting my licenseless azz back from the gym earlier before I crashed, and we were discussing the winter. I turned to her and said "you know why this one is my favorite...wanna know what makes it special? The fact that that we've gotten it all, 6', in such a condensed period, just under three weeks, with hardly any melting" She turns to me and says "you're sick".....I just burst out laughing thinking of this place. 9-15" is what I'd go with at present.

My sister was carting my licenseless azz back from the gym earlier before I crashed, and we were discussing the winter. I turned to her and said "you know why this one is my favorite...wanna know what makes it special? The fact that that we've gotten it all, 6', in such a condensed period, just under three weeks, with hardly any melting" She turns to me and says "you're sick".....I just burst out laughing thinking of this place. 9-15" is what I'd go with at present.

your ever stuck somewhere without a ride don't be afraid to give me a ring. You're only a town over.

Archived