Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New and updated map and some thoughts.  I really feel bad for y'all in that I-20 corridor...What a crazy turn of events.  I don't know If I have ever seen such a shift this close in.  EVER!!!  Thanks for all the new likes everyone.  Please like it if you want too, and you haven't.  Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

The Euro is a pretty good ice storm for much of NC (especially N NC).  Some front-end snow, but it's hard to say how much.  Probably not a lot.  Pretty horrible precip split for NC with the heavy precip heading into C VA...

Mid-20s here for the duration.

Yea the mods are pretty much trending towards a Miller B. I think it's clear the sfc will be cold enough. Maybe a front end 1 or 2 and then sleet/zr. The setup is actually pretty classic. Some of these posters tonight can't be serious.

With the LP sitting in northern Alabama at hr 24, we are screwed from the get go. No way it could go due west to east. That with getting worse by the second confluence in NE. Ugh.

Just enjoy first hour or 2 of fronted snow, and have the chainsaw and generator on standby. Gonna end up right smack dab in the freezing rain bullseye.

Yea the mods are pretty much trending towards a Miller B. I think it's clear the sfc will be cold enough. Maybe a front end 1 or 2 and then sleet/zr. The setup is actually pretty classic. Some of these posters tonight can't be serious.

Yeah, it kind of has one of those looks where the CAD regions get an assorted wintry mix while other areas of NC rain.  Seems that we saw quite a few of these back last decade looking over the past events map.  It's been awhile.  Of course, this one still looks cold enough for RDU and CLT to ice on most modeling.

wow the euro is a nasty icestorm for NC. def power outage stuff in some parts. i still believe the warm up aloft is a little overdone, but given the miller b setup, it might not be.  ZR with temps in the mid 20's is pretty nasty stuff.

Yeah, lots of meltdowns from North Carolinians over a model that is showing a major winter storm for much of the state.  Of course, there isn't much snow shown on it, but that could change.  I notice that this area goes from -7C at 850 to +3C in a six-hour panel where a good deal of precip falls.

As you said, 1-2" of snow followed by other precip looks like what the Euro shows.  The other modeling, sans the UKMET, are a little more keen on additional snowfall.

Even Hickory?

Yes...the entire state gets flooded with warmth from the 850-900 mb as we head into Monday evening...

Will say that for the mountains/foothills there is a nice batch of cold air sitting at 925 mb...which makes me wonder if this could be sleet right along the Blue Ridge instead of ZR.

Yeah, lots of meltdowns from North Carolinians over a model that is showing a major winter storm for much of the state.  Of course, there isn't much snow shown on it, but that could change.  I notice that this area goes from -7C at 850 to +3C in a six-hour panel where a good deal of precip falls.

As you said, 1-2" of snow followed by other precip looks like what the Euro shows.  The other modeling, sans the UKMET, are a little more keen on additional snowfall.

People just better pray we don't get the inch of qpf the ukmet/ggem are showing. 2 inches of snow/sleet followed by 3/4" of zr would be insane.

Archived