northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be right because it can't just snow here. That's ridiculous. Not in this winter, not in any winter.

I think it'll be really hard for a storm to track right into the wedge. That may actually happen less than a southern tracking west to east system. But yeah, whatever gives us the least snow is the most likely.

I think it'll be really hard for a storm to track right into the wedge. That may actually happen less than a southern tracking west to east system. But yeah, whatever gives us the least snow is the most likely.

We really don't have much CAD with this one. We have a lot of left-over ocld and a departing high. Granted, the big storm from today will act as a 50/50 and keep some confluence in place, but not enough to put us in a situation where the wedge will block an SLP. We'll see.

We really don't have much CAD with this one. We have a lot of left-over ocld and a departing high. Granted, the big storm from today will act as a 50/50 and keep some confluence in place, but not enough to put us in a situation where the wedge will block an SLP. We'll see.

We are just going to have to watch the slp as it forms and tracks. Right now we have pressure falling south of Tejas so we have a ways to go. Observations later tomorrow should help.

pchg.gif?1423956572267

Thanks for linking that. Its quite well done of course.

On Tuesday, they show a 1020 High in the vicinity of NYC and a slp in the vicinity of just south of Atlanta. That's not a bad setup. Yes the high could be stronger of course, but with the air mass being this cold and dry it should get the job done. They have reasonable accumulation estimates with mixing taken into account.

Thanks for linking that. Its quite well done of course.

They show a 1020 High in the vicinity of NYC and a slp in the vicinity of just south of Atlanta. That's not a bad setup. Yes the high could be stronger of course, but with the air mass being this cold and dry it should get the job done. They have reasonable accumulation estimates with mixing taken into account.

I agree. They do a great job with all of their products. I like seeing the high there on Tuesday. I don't care how strong/weak it is. It just being there is reassuring and will help.

Did anyone look at the individual members of the 18z gefs? I'm curious how similar they are to each other and to the 12z. I would imagine that some of the crazy qpf members have been tamed a bit.

There was 2 almost whiffs for central NC, several amped and probably half like the Op. So pretty good support of the Op.

Archived