northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miller B is fine if there's CAD. There's no real CAD with this one. If that happens, we're just going to get ice to rain.

Yup. All these southern track solutions have been nice, but I do worry about that holding. The Navgem solution is what I have been worried about us seeing more of as we get closer. If we get through 12z tomorrow without seeing much of that, I will feel better.

Yup. All these southern track solutions have been nice, but I do worry about that holding. The Navgem solution is what I have been worried about us seeing more of as we get closer. If we get through 12z tomorrow without seeing much of that, I will feel better.

isn't the NAVGEM like 1" QPF all frozen for Raleigh? It didn't look bad to me

Just reacting to what Pack said about it tracking up the Apps. I am at the mall surrounded by 30 kids, so I haven't seen it.

it's all good man, making sure I wasn't seeing things wrong on WxBell, the map I had pulled up had UNDEFINED in the center haha...I was just at the outlets so I feel your pain...It would be hard for this to trend away from the triangle! I like where we're sitting.

The NAVGEM looks fine to me. Lines up decently with the UKMET to an extent, albeit a little north. Would be a lot of snow going over to sleet at the end. Surface temps are well below freezing.

It warms most of NC into the mid to upper 30s after noon on Tuesday. The SLP tracks OVER the state of NC. How is that good?

I'm starting to feel that my area will be mostly rain... I sure to god hope not. If the storm can trend South, that would be awesome. Including the cold air from the north. But I doubt that'll happen.

To early to think that way.  Just watch the track as it evolves over time...the models are still trying to figure it out.  But, yeah, if it's in Ga it will cause problems for some :)  Better it were in Fla. or down around Al biny:)  T

It warms most of NC into the mid to upper 30s after noon on Tuesday. The SLP tracks OVER the state of NC. How is that good?

It's hard to tell, but through 12z Tuesday roughly 0.7" of qpf has fallen, it's probably front end snow to ice then after 12z temps do warm in the mid-30's but precip has ended during that time so it's hard to tell when it actually reaches low 30's.

like widre said earlier, i see this being more of a snow to sleet to snow solution rather than a snow to frz rain to snow.  especially with the initial thumping of snow monday night and the tendency of the gfs to verify a tad warm.  but we will see.

Gotta hope so over here. FAY and much of the Sandhills is getting painted with an early thump, then .5-.75 inches of ZR. I-95 would be an unpleasant adventure with that.

18z GEFS looks very close to the 12z GEFS except it has more precip with over-running then the coastal.   Definitely seeing a trend to more over-running but there is a big difference between the EPS/GEFS with regards to how far north/south it gets.

It might be a tad north with the over-running in TN/KY, is the only real change I see. 

Archived