• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2015 Arctic Outbreak Thread

LithiaWx

Latest GFS brings in single digit temps for North GA.  The Euro also is onboard with some wicked cold dropping down from the north. Here are some maps, please feel free to post some more detailed ones and I will be glad to include them in the OP. 

This outbreak looks to be on par with the one in January. Just in time for valentines day!

post-2727-0-69488500-1423515198_thumb.gi

post-2727-0-30356100-1423515205_thumb.gi

Courtesy of Tamparitus :

post-2727-0-68550600-1423525887_thumb.pn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest GFS brings in single digit temps for North GA.  The Euro also is onboard with some wicked cold dropping down from the north. Here are some maps, please feel free to post some more detailed ones and I will be glad to include them in the OP. 

This outbreak looks to be on par with the one in January. Just in time for valentines day!

attachicon.gifUSA_TMP_850mb_144.gif

attachicon.gifUSA_TMPF_2m_144.gif

KATL of course is extremely conservative..Lowest they have is 22 for ATL.

This will just be a beneficial  arctic outbreak for plants.  It will put the brakes on the too early blooming, and prevent them from being nailed by a more average cold snap in early March.

I'd prefer arctic outbreak in the thread title, just to lesson the laughter from the other forums. But, whatever.

This will just be a beneficial  arctic outbreak for plants.  It will put the brakes on the too early blooming, and prevent them from being nailed by a more average cold snap in early March.

I'd prefer arctic outbreak in the thread title, just to lesson the laughter from the other forums. But, whatever.

done

Poor Marion , he wanted to do the right thing and wait, somebody had to goose him! :(

I thought there was a 3 day rule or something ??

The humanity! 20s for highs will be awesome, with rain 2 days later

I'm pretty sure I've never goosed another guy, at least not that I can remember...

Why wait is my thinking. Cold shots don't really disappear like storms tend to do. It's pretty much set in stone we are going to get a huge cold shot. Imo it's a matter of how cold and how anomalous not if it gets cold this weekend.

we need a storm to come out of the gulf with this cold air coming.  why is it this never seems to work when we get the cold air.  the northeast it snows at the blink of an eye.

Poor Marion , he wanted to do the right thing and wait, somebody had to goose him! :(

I thought there was a 3 day rule or something ??

The humanity! 20s for highs will be awesome, with rain 2 days later

Ah...no big deal. Imitation has always been the sincerest form of flattery. I'm glad there's at least one person in the world who feels like they have to stay a step ahead of me! Lol.

Archived