Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2015 Arctic Outbreak Thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other models echoing that trend?

I think the Euro has to some extent though it may not have warmed as much. The 0Z Euro warmed a few degrees over the 12Z Euro. Regardless, we will still have a mighty cold airmass to experience and I'm excited.

12z GFS is showing temps around zero for the foothills of NC. 

Per 12Z GFS: KATL gets down to 10! NE ATL and Mayretta get down to 9! These haven't really warmed. It is the highs that have warmed...to the low 30's from the 20's yesterday. Regardless, this is still very impressive overall!

Don't look at the drunk Doc if you don't want bad news. The 12Z Euro is much less cold than the 0Z Euro and the 12Z GFS. :( Hopefully, it is just drunk.

The high doesn't plunge nearly as deeply..that's why it is sooo much warmer. :(

I did notice it seems to direct the shot a bit more easterly, I noticed the same issue with the 850's on the GFS.  I can't see doc 2m temps just the 850's.

Trending more towards a NC directed shot imo.

I did notice it seems to direct the shot a bit more easterly, I noticed the same issue with the 850's on the GFS.  I can't see doc 2m temps just the 850's.

I believe that's how January went down too, right? 

I do remember the euro verified way too warm in January for that shot. 

I believe that's how January went down too, right? 

I do remember the euro verified way too warm in January for that shot. 

I remember the Euro being the extreme warm outlier during the last shot.  The GFS did very well on temps but majorly busted on the DP's, all models showed DP's much lower than reality. 

Here's the irony of this 12Z Euro: because the Arctic high doesn't come down as deeply, it is actually colder on 2/17 in most areas when the storm comes in lol!

For NC, it is as has been noted still quite cold on 2/15. For GA, it is warmer on 2/15 but it is actually colder later (2/17) when the precip. comes in. So, for GA, it is sort of a tradeoff of giving up the Arctic plunge on 2/15 for colder just afterward and a shot at wintry precip 2/17!. Boy, next week is going to be one wild and wacky week to follow and hopefully also to experience!

Does it?  It seemed like it warmed up 5-10 degrees for everyone.

My consistent lows in the low 20's upper teens per yesterday's GFS runs are now at 31 or up, unless you go out to the 17th, and then after that, it skyrockets, which it was not doing yesterday at all; so yes, it seems like it's warmed. But I keep telling myself, its a garbage 18Z run     lol

My consistent lows in the low 20's upper teens per yesterday's GFS runs are now at 31 or up, unless you go out to the 17th, and then after that, it skyrockets, which it was not doing yesterday at all; so yes, it seems like it's warmed. But I keep telling myself, its a garbage 18Z run     lol

Come on man, we all know Florida doesn't count.

Archived