joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehhhhh I think Mt Holly is too high too far north...this may have big time ratios though so its not out of the question, 700mb temps for NYC -10 to -12C during the snow, that is not bad.  The 18Z RGEM is like the GGEM and UKMET on track, track is not bad it just does not have big time dynamics on NW side so amounts arent big

Amazing how well the models do when its a more simple southern streamer, its not totally straightforward due to the transfer and this is probably why the NAM/GFS are a bit SE of the other globals but you can see less volatility run to run

Very true. To be honest, I don't see the GFS/NAM being THAT much different than the Euro.....The euro just beefs up the qpf, though it did come down significantly from 00z to 12z, and I've noticed that the euro steps up QUICKLY, but steps down gradually. I think it's a 2-4" event overall.....in general, the higher end of 2-4 or the lower end of 4-6.....I guess both forecasts work so I would think the advisory might be for 3-5

I like 4-6" overall but could see it as high as 8". I'm assuming ratios probably 12 or 13:1.

This is coming from the south though so they'll be a good deal of moisture with it, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see beefed up amounts.

Nice to see you more optimistic for once . And I agree.

Everything has been north this year and I think that occurs here. Plus finally a moisture source other then the North Atlantic.

I'm going all in 4" in the city 6" on the extreme south shore and central jersey

Archived