joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End result for Boston would be severe flooding, Correct.?

Yea, especially if temps spiked into the 50s/60s with heavy rain

Temps in the 50s/60s would lead to some urban flooding, but for the most part the incredible snowpack they have will absorb the rain (especially, so if temps are in the 30s/40s) with only a small amount of melting and would lead to even further stress on roofs, given the added weight from the rain  Boston really needs a relatively dry and mild early spring to avoid either major flooding or unprecedented roof cave-ins.  I assume places like Maine and the snow belt have to worry about roofs every year - I'm guessing the answer is removing much of the snow from the roofs.  

Jma, NAVGEM, GGEM, are all OTS scrapers, NAM is the closest of any of the models currently, unfortunately the concesnsus so far is a scrape job, all depends how close, I would say anyone North of nyc is a dusting to an inch

It's gonna come north. I heard a red tagger in the SNE say this was like a SWFE shifted south and that it will tick north as we get closer. I think NYC gets 6" easily with this maybe more.

12Z Summary:   Tue (AM-PM)  2/17

QPF  NYC region ( mainly a NW to SE gradient)

SREF:  0.25 - 0.50 

NAM:  020 - 0.50

GFS: 0.15 - 0.40

GGEM: 0.10 - 0.30

UMKET : 0.35 - 0.65

ECM:  0.30 - 070

Sacrus - if I haven't said it before, thanks for doing these model run summaries - they're invaluable.  

It's gonna come north. I heard a red tagger in the SNE say this was like a SWFE shifted south and that it will tick north as we get closer. I think NYC gets 6" easily with this maybe more.

I've heard red taggers make promises all year, no offence to any of them here, I truely appreciate their input, but most of which never come true, I've heard them say be patient the norlun is taking shape, be patient that mesoscale band is pushing west!, be patient the coastal hasn't taken over yet, lol I refuse to ignore a good model concesnsus on where this things going...now could this very well come North.. Yes absolutely it's been the seasonal trend. but until I see any major trends (not 10-30 miles here and there) then I'll use the models to make my assumptions

Jma, NAVGEM, GGEM, are all OTS scrapers, NAM is the closest of any of the models currently, unfortunately the concesnsus so far is a scrape job, all depends how close, I would say anyone North of nyc is a dusting to an inch

Dusting to an inch maybe 80 miles or so NW of the city... But definitely not from the city south and north for about 50 miles... Come on be realistic here!!

Archived