Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hr 180 light to mod snow...low over obx. 3-6 type deal

Considering this year's north trend sounds perfect.

You can't rely on northern stream storms to hit us when there's no blocking present. The flow is way too fast and these southern stream type of systems are our best shot at snow.

The cold will be in place because the antecedent airmass is going to be very cold, we just need the precip.

This looks like your typical SWFE, nothing spectacular. Cold air to the northwest, warm air to the southeast and then impulses running along the boundary. Plenty of time to work things out.

Based on the positioning of the high pressure centers on most guidance and the pattern, I think this event is mostly going to end up way north of where it's shown now

CAUTION .

That LP running through the lakes  will  most likely allow this to  correct way N and W  and that will not be snow on coastal plain and the western side will be robbed of any good moisture flow and you will be left with the best precip falling in the warm sector .  

You don't want to see LP there , you want to see a High through the lakes . So regardless of what the model shows you this far out , you NEED to see that change , if you want snow on the coastal plain and bigger precip shield to the W . f174.gif

For the old timers. But this storm looks like less precip on NW flank and no -40C.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1994/us0116.php

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1994/us0118.php

Old timers huh lol. But ok true. When I saw that set up I wanted to yack .

The problem looking at this 7 days out is that even though the surface says one thing the set up is screaming something different.

It is 7 days away and with the amount of cold air through Canada you could easily see a HP system show up in the modeling over the next 3 to 4 days.

I was just commenting on that set up and was saying if that's the surface map the day of it does not work.

But there is time to resolve it

Old timers huh lol. But ok true. When I saw that set up I wanted to yack .

The problem looking at this 7 days out is that even though the surface says one thing the set up is screaming something different.

It is 7 days away and with the amount of cold air through Canada you could easily see a HP system show up in the modeling over the next 3 to 4 days.

I was just commenting on that set up and was saying if that's the surface map the day of it does not work.

But there is time to resolve it

You want the 12z Euro less amped solution that slides under instead of the digging more amped GFS/GGEM.

A weaker southern stream disturbance would work here along the lines of the Euro that doesn't trend more amped

over time. Plenty of time to work things out. This board would have melted down like Chernobyl if it was around

for that one in 1994. The NE PA crew had bragging rights then and kept NYC from possibly going

over 60" on the 93-94 season.

You want the 12z Euro less amped solution that slides under instead of the digging more amped GFS/GGEM.

A weaker southern stream disturbance would work here along the lines of the Euro that doesn't trend more amped

over time. Plenty of time to work things out. This board would have melted down like Chernobyl if it was around

for that one in 1994. The NE PA crew had bragging rights then and kept NYC from possibly going

over 60" on the 93-94 season.

That was a well forecast event though, not at any time did they expect NYC to stay all snow

Archived