joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of people here would be highly satisified if Boston got several inches of rain and lost all there snow in one shot.

boooo no one would be happy for them. They would see biblical floods and that would be terrible for the economy and sad for New England so no we don't wish that no one does!

Nobody here wants to see them get flooded. We just want them to lose there snow and get the shaft for once.

how far north is the mix line pushing on the gfs and ggem...i will be skiing at hunter mountain during this timeframe, thanks.

Nobody here wants to see them get flooded. We just want them to lose there snow and get the shaft for once.

This possible event is so far out and there is so much frigid air not far away that there is a lot of latitude for changes. A colder solution is certainly within the realm of possibility, not just for New England, but also the northern Mid-Atlantic region.

As far as Boston is concerned, I'm personally hoping that Boston and surrounding areas can continue to enjoy a special winter. I don't think things should be viewed in a zero sum context where we "win" only if Boston "doesn't"--there will be time for that when the Yankees and Red Sox play.  I hope that we can get a big storm, as can the Washington-Baltimore area at some point. That does not preclude additional big snowfalls for Boston. 

This possible event is so far out and there is so much frigid air not far away that there is a lot of latitude for changes. A colder solution is certainly within the realm of possibility, not just for New England, but also the northern Mid-Atlantic region.

As far as Boston is concerned, I'm personally hoping that Boston and surrounding areas can continue to enjoy a special winter. I don't think things should be viewed in a zero sum context where we "win" only if Boston "doesn't"--there will be time for that when the Yankees and Red Sox play.  I hope that we can get a big storm, as can the Washington-Baltimore area at some point. That does not preclude additional big snowfalls for Boston. 

Excellent Post!  Agreed 100%!  We're ALL snowlovers so why not root for them too!!  I'm happy Boston is getting the goods and hope they can reach an all-time record!  Also rooting hard that the DC crowd and even the Philly/South Jersey crowd can get at least one solid snowstorm before we run out of time.  I don't get the hate. Trust me we all want to be in the bullseye for every storm, but we can't control mother nature.

Excellent Post!  Agreed 100%!  We're ALL snowlovers so why not root for them too!!  I'm happy Boston is getting the goods and hope they can reach an all-time record!  Also rooting hard that the DC crowd and even the Philly/South Jersey crowd can get at least one solid snowstorm before we run out of time.  I don't get the hate. Trust me we all want to be in the bullseye for every storm, but we can't control mother nature.

Strongly agree with Don and (co-Morganville resident) Rob.  We all root for snow, but if it doesn't fall on you, forget the hate and wait for your next opportunity! 

With the euro being further south with sundays storm, it will force Tuesday's storm further south

The Euro this run basically shears out the overrunning initial wave and the second wave goes over us, but with that Plains high barreling down, any change in timing and this thing can shift 500 miles either way.  Would not surprise me to see this turn into mostly nothing.

The models have all lost the SLP through the lakes it had yesterday.

This has def come S and E today. Let's hope the colder trend continue .

We need a less amped solution to slip far enough SE. We'll have to see if the Euro tracking further east is a

a result of its bias to hold too much energy to the SW allowing the upper portion of the trough to press further

east. Plenty of time to see how things look after the first two storms exit the scene next several days.

Frame a snowmap showing a few inches of snow in NYC over a week and well over a foot of snow for most of New England?

Yes..jm

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/18/gfs_atlantic_156_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

step thru the loop

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model%20Guidance&model=gfs&area=atlantic&cycle=20150211%2018%20UTC&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&fourpan=no&imageSize=&ps=area

I like this look

that be our circle of fate

Meh. I just can't get excited about an arbitrarily placed "H", without so much as a closed isobar, south of the Azores.

Sir ...run the loops

do the comps

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs-ens/2015021112/gfs-ens_z500_mslp_namer_27.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gem-ens/2015021112/gem-ens_z500_mslp_namer_26.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf-ens/2015021112/ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_namer_7.png

nobody but nobody here does this legwork

never do I see an Atlantic side PBP with any model  run

NEVER

its always end game weenie B.S.

this is a snowstorm for NYC -imo

dm

nobody but nobody here does this legwork

never do I see an Atlantic side PBP with any model  run

NEVER

this is a snowstorm

dm

I just don't think surface features in the subtropical Atlantic are terribly important to the evolution of an upstream snowstorm. If anything, a strong enough Bermuda high would favor an inland track and rain for the masses, correct?

I just don't think surface features in the subtropical Atlantic are terribly important to the evolution of an upstream snowstorm. If anything, a strong enough Bermuda high would favor an inland track and rain for the masses, correct?

J

if that's what you want to believe..O.K.

make a forecast then

that Atlantic High slides east and in tandem with our storm

it is the buffer... keeping this from going out to sea

and just enough for a nice benchmark solution to take hold

again my call...from the blend of guidance ATM

not the end game of any (one) model run

dm

super crude but look where the axis of heavy QPF  is ....

Right at the B.M.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/day47_6hrly.php

Archived