• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

Mt. Holly has already posted a snowfall map for Mon night/Tuesday, showing up to 4" in coastal NJ/DE, but their AFD mentions a 2-7" snowfall.  Upton has no map now, but it looks like another LI/eastern CT special, unless this trends further NW. 

TUESDAY...STILL UNCERTAINTY REGARDING THE TRACK OF GULF COAST LOW
PRESSURE, WHETHER ITS A GRAZER OUT TO SEA OR FULL ON AS A NEWD
RACING COASTAL LOW. SINCE THE RAPIDLY SHARPENING TROF ALOFT IS SO
FAR WEST (85 WEST LONGITUDE AT 12Z WED), AM ESTIMATING THAT THIS
GULF COAST SYSTEM SHOULD BE SWEPT MORE NORTHWARD THAN EASTWARD.
THEREFORE, AM SUSPECTING A 2-7 INCH SNOW EVENT FOR PORTIONS OF OUR
AREA, ESPECIALLY EAST OF I95. HOPEFULLY THERE WILL MORE CONSENSUS
THIS AFTERNOON. CONFIDENCE: AVERAGE OR A BIT ABOVE.

StormTotalSnowRange.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, and coming from a huge nws defender, i dont care how impassioned your defense of the nws is, if you cant do it without the insults (no matter how warranted), it has no place here. Youre more than welcome to try again without the name calling.

And i left the other post up as an example of how i intend to moderate the forum, especially for this influx of what i can only guess are new accuweather posters. I dont have the time nor the energy to PM each poster individually, and seeing as how some of them are most likely kids...expecting them to know how to act here and warning/suspending them without any warning is a bit unfair.

Also for the record, if you need to call someone a big doodyhead, the banter thread is a good place to try.

ok, thanks for explaining.  I'll reconstruct the original defense, without the insult.  But after I get a little sleep, lol - running on fumes right now.  So, you're saying I can insult people in the banter threads?  I don't think I've ever visited one of those threads - might have to now...

ok, thanks for explaining. I'll reconstruct the original defense, without the insult. But after I get a little sleep, lol - running on fumes right now. So, you're saying I can insult people in the banter threads? I don't think I've ever visited one of those threads - might have to now...

Well im not saying you should...im just saying i dont care all that much lol

Mt. Holly has already posted a snowfall map for Mon night/Tuesday, showing up to 4" in coastal NJ/DE, but their AFD mentions a 2-7" snowfall. Upton's map is also below - another LI/eastern CT special, unless this trends further NW.

TUESDAY...STILL UNCERTAINTY REGARDING THE TRACK OF GULF COAST LOW

PRESSURE, WHETHER ITS A GRAZER OUT TO SEA OR FULL ON AS A NEWD

RACING COASTAL LOW. SINCE THE RAPIDLY SHARPENING TROF ALOFT IS SO

FAR WEST (85 WEST LONGITUDE AT 12Z WED), AM ESTIMATING THAT THIS

GULF COAST SYSTEM SHOULD BE SWEPT MORE NORTHWARD THAN EASTWARD.

THEREFORE, AM SUSPECTING A 2-7 INCH SNOW EVENT FOR PORTIONS OF OUR

AREA, ESPECIALLY EAST OF I95. HOPEFULLY THERE WILL MORE CONSENSUS

THIS AFTERNOON. CONFIDENCE: AVERAGE OR A BIT ABOVE.

StormTotalSnowRange.png

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Just an FYI, that Upton map is only through 1pm today.

The QPF is largely lower than the Op which has .55 at NYC, right now I would put the chances of 6 inches at NYC fairly low with this but 4 is certainly possible[/quot

If this is a miller A, wouldn't it be loaded with moisture?

Its moving way too quickly and does not really organize a whole lot til its way north

Its moving way too quickly and does not really organize a whole lot til its way north

Snowgoose and other red taggers, is there any chance at 6-10 inches for LI if everything worked out right ?  Also this cold and snowy pattern appears to last another 4 weeks at least based on teleconnectors, +PNA, -EPO and Arctic air entrenched in the area for a very long time ahead.  No end in sight.  We will have plenty of opportunities the next 4-6 weeks for tons of snow, you have to agree with that.  I know we won't catch up to Boston, but u never know until it's over.  My guess is 55-60 inches of new snow between 2/16-4/10. Think we can do it ?  My gut feeling is 10-14 inches for LI for the Miller A on Tuesday.

This one is still worth watching since Upton and some mets on this forum think a northward trend is in the offing. The models have bounced back and forth for days from big hit to OTS, so I'm guessing we have to wait again until the day before the event (Monday) to get a good sense.

Them putting up snow maps is ludicrous.     Hey Charlie Brown meet Lucy.     They have not learned one thing they should go back to putting up snow maps within 24 hrs of event.  

Solid warning snowfall for the coastal areas of NYC and LI. Looking better and better. SnowGoose, u should start up-playing this. I think this trends to an 6-10 inch snowfall for Bronx, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island and an 8-12 inch snowfall for Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk Counties on the 00Z runs tonight. Will see very positive trends on the 12 Z suite I think.....

As is right now, this may be an advisory event for some areas. It is very fast moving and we will need a fairly significant, quick trend north amongst the models to warrant a winter storm watch/warning. I'd go with a 2-4" event right now for much of our area (NNJ/NYC/LI). Parts of southern NJ will probably get watches and warnings if this holds, as they will most likely be in the heavier snow band again. For the DC area this could be a very big event.....5-10 inches of snow potentially.....they deserve it

39c0508e829bb70d305c2028ef21df1d.jpg

Archived