joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's computer guidance, not a crystal ball.

okay so I'm gonna guess and say this is going to be a MECS! Now I guarantee you I'll get criticized. Some people on here you can't win ! Now they're going to ask me what science is behind my call. It's a guess! That's all it is. I think that high pressure overhead will break down by the time the low starts skirting northward and it'll be a moisture golden system with .75"-1.5" QPF.

That shortwave along the Ohio River aids in the intensification of the first low on Tuesday, which swings out to sea and blazes a trail for the second low, borne of the amplifying trough over the upper Midwest that dives in and phases with some of those other wayward shortwaves. If we could somehow get more of these waves to wait for each other, it would probably be a much more conducive setup. The below frame is hour 54, but check out the same product at hour 90... that vigorous, negatively tilted trough looks pretty good (if a bit broad), but again, the surface low is already riding in the wake of the first cyclone by that time.

pCCQ6bo.gif

this period of snow and cold we are having reminds me a little of the 1986-87 winter...after the cold wave in February a storm moved just close enough to give the city 5" of wet snow but more to the south...we are going to have our coldest morning this week and a southern storm might get far enough to give the city some snow...

That shortwave along the Ohio River aids in the intensification of the first low on Tuesday, which swings out to sea and blazes a trail for the second low, borne of the amplifying trough over the upper Midwest that dives in and phases with some of those other wayward shortwaves. If we could somehow get more of these waves to wait for each other, it would probably be a much more conducive setup. The below frame is hour 54, but check out the same product at hour 90... that vigorous, negatively tilted trough looks pretty good (if a bit broad), but again, the surface low is already riding in the wake of the first cyclone by that time.

It looks like the 00z suite is really amplifying the lead shortwave now as opposed to the last couple days. 

Archived